Subject: IPV6 AAA

From: Syed Ajim Hussain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:53:39 +0800

Hi All

        I have a question.  If you implement RFC 3162 ( RADIUS for IPv6)
in NAS ,   then  how IPv6 prefix pools maintained 

        Locally or In a RADIUS server, is useful for providing PPP based
services to Clients sitting in access site,   when no 

        DHCP6 services are available.   

         Can PPP services provided by NAS use AAA IPv6 prefix list
configured locally or in a RADIUS server?

       Network diagram:     

RADIUS 

|   

|

                                  --------------------
-----------                                                  ----------

                                  |  User/Host  |  -----------------|
CPE | --------------------ATM/DSLAM--------- | NAS |-----------

                                  --------------------
-----------                                                   ----------

( ppp based Services , No DHCP )  

With Regards

Syed Ajim Hussain

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:29:53 +0200

In RADIUS you have Framed-IPv6-Prefix for the PPP link itself and
Delegated-IPv6-Prefix (defined in an I-D) for prefix delegation but
PPP can't delegate a prefix, you should use DHCPv6 for this job.

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: the DHCPv6 Relay RADIUS Attribute Option can bind RADIUS on the NAS
with the DHCPv6 services when needed.