Subject: Last Call: 'Neighbor Discovery for IP version 6 (IPv6)' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:17:04 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the IP Version 6 Working Group WG to 
consider the following document:

- 'Neighbor Discovery for IP version 6 (IPv6) '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-05.txt> as a Draft Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2005-12-22.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-05.txt

Implementation Report can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/implementation.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:19:34 +0200 (EET)

> http://www.ietf.org/IESG/implementation.html

The implementation report 
(http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/nd-auto-implementations.txt) 
seems outdated -- it seems to be from about 1997.  I doubt any of the 
implementations listed there are even maintained anymore.

The detail level of the implementation and interop report doesn't seem 
useful enough in deciding whether the full spec has been implemented 
and tested or not.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings