Subject: RFC 4293(Internet Address Prefix/Internet Address) Table

From: "Vivek Dubey-G20041" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 12:45:59 +0800

Hi,
Few questions:
 
Internet Address Table: 

ipAddressPrefix OBJECT-TYPE

"A pointer to the row in the prefix table to which this address belongs.
May be { 0 0 } if there is no such row"

In the above context

<vivek1>   What's the significance of an entry in this table, with
pointer (0,0).  Does it mean it's outside of any "Prefix" lying on the
interface

                denoted by "ipAddressIfIndex" Object. In which scenario
such a configuration is required.

Internet Address Prefix Table

<vivek2> Is an entry with prefix length 128 possible. If "yes" should
there be a correponding entry in "Internet Address Table"

                or there is no such co-relation. What's the significance
of an prefix (prefix length 128) with no corelation to an entry in
Internet Address Table"

Thanks
Vivek
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------