Subject: packet filter firewall for ipv6

From: "ather zaidi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:04:28 +0530

Hi all,
Is there an open source packet filter firewall for IPv6? Is there any
sniffer that can read information from the headers pf an ipv6 packet?
Thanks and regards,
Ather
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mohacsi Janos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:25:38 +0100 (CET)

> sniffer that can read information from the headers pf an ipv6 packet?

Yes. There are several:
*BSD: ip6fw, pf, ipfilter
Linux: iptables, probbaly ipfilter
Solaris: probably ipfilter

Have a look at some tests and implementation notes:
http://ipv6.niif.hu/m/IPv6firewallsandSecurity_eng#head-184195f8aeb10eff078bb8eada8c5ee1a936a005

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:36:50 -0800

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/firewalls/807.php
http://www.guug.de/veranstaltungen/ecai6-2007/slides/2007-ECAI6- 
Status-IPv6-Firewalling-PeterBieringer-Talk.pdf
http://www.google.com/search?q=ipv6+firewall+open+source&btnG=Search

On Jan 29, 2008, at 11:34 PM, ather zaidi wrote:

> Hi all,
> Is there an open source packet filter firewall for IPv6? Is there  
> any sniffer that can read information from the headers pf an ipv6  
> packet?
> Thanks and regards,
> Ather