Subject: Announcing a USGv6 Testing meeting on May 27th

From: Stephen Nightingale <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:04:00 -0400

To all IPv6 aficionados,

Please find attached the calling notice for a public meeting to be held 
at NIST on May 27th 2009, for the USGv6 Testing Program.
Feel free to forward this notice and the attached documents to any 
persons or groups who may be interested but note that the room can hold 
a maximum of 60 persons, and priority is given to Accreditors, 
prospective USGv6 test laboratories and IPv6 test developers.

Regards,

Stephen Nightingale
USGv6 Testing Program

============================================================

*Announcing a public meeting at NIST to discuss the rollout of the USGv6
Testing Program.*

NIST invites interested parties including laboratory accreditors,
testing laboratories and test equipment suppliers to attend a meeting
regarding the USGv6 testing program. The purpose of the meeting is to
resolve comments on the guidance document, NIST SP 500-273 and on the
test specifications for the USG profile, and to launch the testing program.

DATE OF THE MEETING:  May 27th 2009 from 9am till 5pm.

LOCATION: NIST, 100 Bureau Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20899, Building 101,
Lecture Room A. Directions can be found on the main NIST website at:
http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/maps/nistmaps.html

PROVISIONAL AGENDA:
1.	USG IPv6 testing program elements.
2.	Test Laboratory Accreditation Issues
	a.	Quality issues – by ISO 17025.
	b.	Technical Methods – by NIST SP 500-273.
	c.	Test specifications.
	d.	Gaps – Overlaps – Fit.
	e.	Interlaboratory comparisons considering multiple accreditors.
3.	Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
	a.	Test laboratories separately encouraged to list products passed.
4.	Test program management issues.
5.	Discussion.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Stephen Nightingale,
[email-masked].

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
•	The USGv6 testing website will be updated soon, and well before the
meeting. URL is: http://www.antd.nist.gov/usgv6/testing.html.
•	The guidance document (NIST SP 500-273) has been the subject of a
separate announcement.
•	All intending participants must register in advance to gain access to
the campus. There is a limit of 60 participants constrained by the size
of the room.  Precedence will be given to the first 2 representatives of
each Accreditation body, IPv6 testing laboratory, and IPv6 test
equipment supplier. For the balance, we may need to limit participation
to 1 representative per organization, and on a first come first served
basis.  Please indicate your organization’s potential role, designate
your primary representative and register early in case we need to make
this selection. Access to the NIST campus and the room cannot be
guaranteed for unregistered participants.