Subject: IPv6 Node Requirements Document

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:44:56 -0500

6man chairs:

A new version of the node requirements document has been
submitted. This one addresses all known outstanding issues. The
authors believe it is ready for WGLC.

There are a number of changes in the last two versions of the
document. They include:

> 17.  Appendix: Changes from -06 to -07
> 
>    1.  Added recommendation that routers implement Section 7.3 and 7.5
>        of RFC 3775.
>    2.  "IPv6 Router Advertisement Options for DNS Configuration" (RFC
>        6106) has been published.
>    3.  Further clarifications to the MLD recommendation.
>    4.  "Extended ICMP to Support Multi- Part Messages" [RFC4884] added
>        as a MAY.
>    5.  Added pointer to subnet clarification document (RFC 5942).
>    6.  Added text that "IPv6 Host-to-Router Load Sharing" [RFC4311]
>        SHOULD be implemented
>    7.  Added reference to RFC5722 (Overlapping Fragments), made it a
>        MUST to implement.
>    8.  Made  "A Recommendation for IPv6 Address Text Representation"
>        [RFC5952] a SHOULD. 
> 
> 18.  Appendix: Changes from -05 to -06
> 
>    1.  Completely revised IPsec/IKEv2 section.  Text has been discussed
>    by 6man and saag.
> 
>    2.  Added text to introduction clarifying that this document applies
>    to general nodes and that other profiles may be more specific in
>    their requirements
> 
>    3.  Editorial cleanups in Neighbor Discovery section in particular.
>    Text made more crisp.
> 
>    4.  Moved some of the DHCP text around.  Moved stateful address
>    discussion to Section 5.8.5.
> 
>    5.  Added additional nuance to the redirect requirements w.r.t.
>    default configuration setting.

Let's get this one done and sent to the IESG!

Thomas

---

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:26:41 +1030

Hi Thomas,

The most recent version of the 

  Basic Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers

draft is utilising RFC4191 Route Information Options to propagate
routing information to end-nodes for the internal network. I was
wondering if support for those should now be included in this revision
of the node requirements draft?

diff -
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-08.txt

Regards,
Mark.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:44:56 -0500
Thomas Narten <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------