Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header-01

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:46:11 -0500

Hi Authors,
   I read this draft and I had some comments

* Section 3

The "Segments Left" field has the following definition

"Value MUST be between 0 and Segments, inclusive."

and it is unclear to me what it means. Can you clarify?

* Section 4.2

The algorithm for calculating the total number of addresses in the RH4 
is incorrect. It currently states

"n = ((Hdr Ext Len * 8) - Pad) / (16 - Comp)"

but there is no field called Comp. Can you please reformulate using 
CmprI and CmprE?

* Section 4.2

The pseudo code for indexing into the Addresses and the swapping of the 
addresses is not correct because of the presence of compression in the 
prefixes. e.g. "swap the IPv6 Destination Address and Address[i]" will 
not yield the results you want.

I think Section 4.2 needs a complete rewrite.

Cheers
Suresh