Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-06.txt> (A method for Generating Stable Privacy-Enhanced Addresses with IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 08:34:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'A method for Generating Stable Privacy-Enhanced Addresses with IPv6
   Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC)'
  <draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-04-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a method for generating IPv6 Interface
   Identifiers to be used with IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
   (SLAAC), such that addresses configured using this method are stable
   within each subnet, but the Interface Identifier changes when hosts
   move from one network to another.  The aforementioned method is meant
   to be an alternative to generating Interface Identifiers based on
   IEEE identifiers, such that the benefits of stable addresses can be
   achieved without sacrificing the privacy of users.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.