Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-opt-10.txt> (Distributing Address Selection Policy using DHCPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 09:20:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'Distributing Address Selection Policy using DHCPv6'
  <draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-opt-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 6724 defines default address selection mechanisms for IPv6 that
   allow nodes to select an appropriate address when faced with multiple
   source and/or destination addresses to choose between.  The RFC 6724
   allowed for the future definition of methods to administratively
   configure the address selection policy information.  This document
   defines a new DHCPv6 option for such configuration, allowing a site
   administrator to distribute address selection policy overriding the
   default address selection parameters and policy table, and thus
   control the address selection behavior of nodes in their site.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-opt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-opt/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.