Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit-01.txt]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:29:27 +1200

Hi,

This version is intended to respond to Ray Hunter's comments.
There are two important changes:

1. The MUST NOT that Ray mentioned is now SHOULD NOT. Really
this is a matter of internal consistency in the document, since
the exceptions to the SHOULD NOT are specified, so the MUST NOT
was inappropriate.

2. It is now made explicit that only standards-track extension
headers are covered. That knocks out HIP, which is Experimental.

There are a few other changes of editorial nature.

   Brian + Sheng

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit-01.txt
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:21:08 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transmission of IPv6 Extension Headers
	Author(s)       : Brian Carpenter
                          Sheng Jiang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-05-29

Abstract:
   Various IPv6 extension headers have been standardised since the IPv6
   standard was first published.  This document updates RFC 2460 to
   clarify how intermediate nodes should deal with such extension
   headers and with any that are defined in future.  It also specifies
   how extension headers should be registered by IANA, with a
   corresponding minor update to RFC 2780.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------