Subject: RFC 6957 on Duplicate Address Detection Proxy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:51:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6957

        Title:      Duplicate Address Detection Proxy 
        Author:     F. Costa, 
J-M. Combes,
                    Ed., X. Pougnard,
                      H. Li
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 32537
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6957.txt

The document describes a proxy-based mechanism allowing the use of
Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) by IPv6 nodes in a
point-to-multipoint architecture with a "split-horizon" forwarding
scheme, primarily deployed for Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) and
Fiber access architectures.  Based on the DAD signaling, the
first-hop router stores in a Binding Table all known IPv6 addresses
used on a point-to-multipoint domain (e.g., VLAN).  When a node
performs DAD for an address already used by another node, the
first-hop router defends the address rather than the device using the
address.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC