Subject: Benchmarking RFC 5180 IPv6 allocation

From: Freek Dijkstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:23:45 +0200

What's the Benchmarking IPv6 allocation made by RFC 5180?

The RFC and IANA registry seem to mismatch.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5180#section-8 lists:

> The IANA has allocated 2001:0200::/48 for IPv6 benchmarking, which is
>    a 48-bit prefix from the RFC 4773 pool.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/iana-ipv6-special-registry and
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-unicast-address-assignments list:

> 2001:2::/48	Benchmarking	[RFC5180]	

However, 2001:2::/48 expands to 2001:0002::/48, not 2001:0200::/48.

Freek

---

From: Freek Dijkstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 22:22:28 +0200

> However, 2001:2::/48 expands to 2001:0002::/48, not 2001:0200::/48.

FYI, the correct allocation is 2001:0002::/48. The RFC has a typo, which
was already listed in the errata (which I missed before):
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5180

Freek