Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-6man-sadr-overview-00.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 15:31:31 +1200

Hi,

I think this draft tackles a real problem, and the problem is
not restricted to MIF or homenet+MIF scenarios; you can easily
construct enterprise or campus network scenarios where correct
egress router selection per source prefix is necessary.

In fact, in such a situation, if there isn't some way of
configuring the host appropriately, it may be that probing of all
possible address pairs is the only solution. It seems like that
will be the end result unless we do what is suggested in this
draft or something equivalent.

One gap in the draft is that it doesn't build on the short analysis
in http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7157#section-5.2

   Brian

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:23:27 -0500

Hi Brian,

> in http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7157#section-5.2

I hope that Rev 01 that I just posted is inline with your comments.

Regards,

Behcet
>    Brian
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------