Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 17:22:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Enhanced Duplicate Address Detection
        Authors         : Rajiv Asati
                          Hemant Singh
                          Wes Beebee
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Eli Dart
                          Wes George
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-07.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-10-23

Abstract:
   IPv6 Loopback Suppression and Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) are
   discussed in Appendix A of [RFC4862].  That specification mentions a
   hardware-assisted mechanism to detect looped back DAD messages.  If
   hardware cannot suppress looped back DAD messages, a software
   solution is required.  Several service provider communities have
   expressed a need for automated detection of looped backed Neighbor
   Discovery (ND) messages used by DAD.  This document includes
   mitigation techniques and outlines the Enhanced DAD algorithm to
   automate the detection of looped back IPv6 ND messages used by DAD.
   For network loopback tests, the Enhanced DAD algorithm allows IPv6 to
   self-heal after a loopback is placed and removed.  Further, for
   certain access networks the document automates resolving a specific
   duplicate address conflict.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:25:55 +0000

This version has taken care of comments from Bernie Volz.  

The Abstract has been revised as well.  Bob (co-chair), please see if the revised Abstract works for you.   

Thanks to Wes Beebee and Carlos for their help putting this version together. 

Regards.

Hemant

-----Original Message-----
From: ipv6 [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-07.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------