Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-smith-6man-form-func-anycast-addresses-00.txt

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 13:22:38 +1100

Hi,

I prefer to have a ID more complete than this when I first post them,
however I've spent a lot of time on this one already, and don't want
to end up spending any more time on it if it won't get any WG
traction.

Another idea and related draft I'm working on is the use of multipath
transport layer protocols, e.g. MPTCP, in combination with a
server/service anycast address.

The server/service anycast address would be used to establish the
MPTCP connection between the client and server, the server would then
provide the client with its unicast address(s), MPTCP subflow(s) would
be stablished with the server's unicast address, and then the initial
anycast address established subflow would be torn down. This overcomes
the potential fragility (due to routing path changes) of continuing to
use an anycast address for a relatively longer lived service
connections.

Note, I'm not expect it to be discussed at IET103, just posting it
today to get it out there for consideration.

Regards,
Mark.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 12:40
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-smith-6man-form-func-anycast-addresses-00.txt
To: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-smith-6man-form-func-anycast-addresses-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mark Smith and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-smith-6man-form-func-anycast-addresses
Revision:       00
Title:          IPv6 Formal Anycast Addresses and Functional Anycast Addresses
Document date:  2018-10-22
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          25
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-smith-6man-form-func-anycast-addresses-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smith-6man-form-func-anycast-addresses/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-smith-6man-form-func-anycast-addresses-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-smith-6man-form-func-anycast-addresses

Abstract:
   IPv6 anycast addresses are chosen from within the existing IPv6
   unicast address space, with the addresses nominated as anycast
   addresses through configuration.  An alternative scheme is to have a
   special class of addresses for use as anycast addresses.  This memo
   proposes a distinct general anycast addressing class and a more
   specific scheme for functional anycast addresses.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat