Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01.txt

From: David Farmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 15:39:10 -0600

Based on the discussion around draft-farmer-6man-exceptions-64 I decided to
take things in a slightly different direction.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 2:56 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01.txt
To: David Farmer <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by David Farmer and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-farmer-6man-routing-64
Revision:       01
Title:          IPv6 Routing and its Relationship to the 64-bit Boundary in
the IPv6 Addressing Architecture
Document date:  2018-12-30
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          16
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farmer-6man-routing-64/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-farmer-6man-routing-64
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01

Abstract:
   There is a common misconception that the IPv6 Addressing Architecture
   requires the use of only /64 subnet prefixes for subnet routing.
   This document clarifies the characterization of the relationship
   between IPv6 routing and the 64-bit boundary, which is that of a
   recommendation for the use of /64 subnet prefixes for subnet routing
   in most circumstances, not a requirement for such.  To further
   clarify the relationship, the document also provides operational
   guidance for the configuration of subnet prefixes and updates
   RFC 4291 accordingly.

-- 
===============================================
David Farmer               Email:[email-masked]
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952
===============================================