Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-03.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 20:36:53 +0100

Hi 6MANers,

I uploaded a new version of the draft IPv6 Prefix Length for LL addresses.

I changed the following:

- upfront alluding to rejected 4291 Errata needing a draft

- changed the statement from 'LL prefix length is 64' to 'plen is min 10 
and max 127'

- added more text explaining what I understand from discussions

I think I covered all that's been discussed, otherwise I am all ears.

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	New Version Notification for 
draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-03.txt
Date : 	Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:29:55 -0800
De : 	[email-masked]
Pour : 	Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>, Alexandre 
Petrescu <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alexandre Petrescu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len
Revision: 03
Title: The length of the prefix of an IPv6 link-local address ranges 
from 10 to 127
Document date: 2018-12-10
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 5
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-03.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-03
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-03

Abstract:
A rejected Errata to RFC4291 "IPv6 Addr Archi" on the topic of link-
local addresses 'needs' a draft. This is an answer to that need.

The length of the prefix of an IPv6 link-local address is variable.
The minimal value is 10 decimal. The maximum value is 127 decimal.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat