Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-20.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 19:10:46 +0200

Hi 6MANners,

I submitted a new version of the  IPv6 LL plen draft.

This is the changelog:

- added brief explanation of IID len and privacy;

- added more examples of valid IPv6 link-local addresses;

- added an explanation of why the RFC 4291 figure of a link local address
   has errors.

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	New Version Notification for 
draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-20.txt
Date : 	Thu, 6 Jun 2019 10:08:58 -0700
De : 	[email-masked]
Pour : 	Naveen Kottapalli <[email-masked]>, Gyan S. Mishra 
<[email-masked]>, Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>, 
Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>, Dusan Mudric 
<[email-masked]>, Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>, 
Gyan Mishra <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-20.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alexandre Petrescu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len
Revision: 20
Title: The length of the prefix of an IPv6 link-local address ranges 
from 10 to 127
Document date: 2019-06-06
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 16
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-20.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-20
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-petrescu-6man-ll-prefix-len-20

Abstract:
A rejected Erratum to RFC4291 "IPv6 Addr Archi" on the topic of link-
local addresses 'would need' a draft. This draft is an answer to
that need.

The length of the prefix of an IPv6 link-local address is variable.
The minimal value is 10 decimal. The maximum value is 127 decimal.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat