Subject: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header-22

From: Will LIU via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 00:24:26 -0700

Reviewer: Will LIU
Review result: Ready

Hi all,

I have reviewed draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header-22 as part of the
Operational directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being
processed by the IESG.  These comments were written with the intent of
improving the operational aspects of the IETF drafts. Comments that are not
addressed in last call may be included in AD reviews during the IESG review. 
Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other
last call comments.

“Segment Routing can be applied to the IPv6 data plane using a new
   type of Routing Extension Header called the Segment Routing Header.
   This document describes the Segment Routing Header and how it is used
   by Segment Routing capable nodes.”

My overall view of the document is 'Ready' for publication.

** Technical **

No.

** Editorial **

As noted by author,   section 9 Implementation Status is to be moved removed
prior to publishing as an RFC. However, it may be still valuable to simplify
this part and put into appendix as a record.

Regards,
Will (Shucheng LIU)

---

From: "Darren Dukes (ddukes)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 20:01:40 +0000

Thank you for the review Will.  Please see inline.

> On Aug 14, 2019, at 3:24 AM, Will LIU via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Reviewer: Will LIU
> Review result: Ready
> 
> Hi all,
> 

Good idea, but RFC7942 has some text on this topic.  it says "Since this information is necessarily time dependent, it is inappropriate for inclusion in a published RFC”

However draft-matsushima-spring-srv6-deployment-status is maintained with deployment and interoperability test results by some of this drafts authors.
I think maintaining that as a separate document will continue to be useful for the community.

Would you agree?

Darren