Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 09:45:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Minimum Path MTU Hop-by-Hop Option
        Authors         : Robert M. Hinden
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-08-09

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new Hop-by-Hop IPv6 option that is used to
   record the minimum Path MTU along the forward path between a source
   to a destination host.  This collects a minimum recorded MTU along
   the path to the destination.  The value can then be communicated back
   to the source using the return Path MTU field in the option.

   This Hop-by-Hop option is intended to be used in environments like
   Data Centers and on paths between Data Centers, to allow them to
   better take advantage of paths able to support a large Path MTU.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 10:21:22 -0700

The changes in this version are:

   o  First 6man w.g. draft version.
   o  Changes to request IANA allocation of code point.
   o  Editorial changes.

Thanks,
Bob & Gorry

> On Aug 9, 2019, at 9:45 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------