Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-grand-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 17:12:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Gratuitous Neighbor Discovery: Creating Neighbor Cache Entries on First-Hop Routers
        Author          : Jen Linkova
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-grand-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-07-25

Abstract:
   Neighbor Discovery (RFC4861) is used by IPv6 nodes to determine the
   link-layer addresses of neighboring nodes as well as to discover and
   maintain reachability information.  This document updates RFC4861 to
   allow routers to proactively create a Neighbor Cache entry when a new
   IPv6 address is assigned to a node.  It also updates RFC4861 and
   recommends nodes to send unsolicited Neighbor Advertisements upon
   assigning a new IPv6 address.  The proposed change will minimize the
   delay and packet loss when a node initiate connections to off-link
   destination from a new IPv6 address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-grand/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-grand-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-grand-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-grand-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jen Linkova <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 14:48:49 +1000

Hello,

The -01 version addresses comments received (thanks everyone who
provided feedback). Also, Section 3 (Avoiding Disruption) has been
expanded and discussed a corner case when two devices start using the
same address almost at the same time (the second device configures an
optimistic address after the rightful owner sent some packets but
before the return traffic arrives).
Feedback on the updated section 3.3
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-grand-01#section-3.3) is
very much appreciated.

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 10:14 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry