Subject: Martin Duke's Discuss on draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-alt-mark-13: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Martin Duke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 08:56:44 -0700

Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-alt-mark-13: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-alt-mark/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for addressing most of my DISCUSS points.

I would like an unambiguous statement in Section 3.1 that the FlowMonID MUST
appear to be random. There is still language that suggests it might not be:
(e.g., "The disambiguation issue is more visible when the FlowMonID is
pseudorandomly generated...". If it is anything less than a MUST, there needs
to be additional Security Considerations to reflect the impact of not doing so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Yoshi for the TSVART review.