Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-rfc6874bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 04:17:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Address Literals and Uniform Resource Identifiers
        Authors         : Brian Carpenter
                          Stuart Cheshire
                          Robert M. Hinden
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-rfc6874bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2022-03-19

Abstract:
   This document describes how the zone identifier of an IPv6 scoped
   address, defined as <zone_id> in the IPv6 Scoped Address Architecture
   (RFC 4007), can be represented in a literal IPv6 address and in a
   Uniform Resource Identifier that includes such a literal address.  It
   updates the URI Generic Syntax and Internationalized Resource
   Identifier specifications (RFC 3986, RFC 3987) accordingly, and
   obsoletes RFC 6874.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc6874bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-6man-rfc6874bis-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 08:32:05 +1300

As already mentioned, this version has simplified the security considerations slightly, following a comment by Ted Hardie, but is otherwise identical to the pre-adoption draft.

Regards
    Brian

On 21-Mar-22 00:17, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>