Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 07:49:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Carrying Virtual Transport Network (VTN) Identifier in IPv6 Extension Header
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Chenhao Ma
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2022-03-04

Abstract:
   Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) provide different customers with
   logically separated connectivity over a common network
   infrastructure.  With the introduction and evolvement of 5G and other
   network scenarios, some existing or new customers may require
   connectivity services with advanced characteristics comparing to
   traditional VPNs.  Such kind of network service is called enhanced
   VPNs (VPN+).

   A Virtual Transport Network (VTN) is a virtual underlay network which
   consists of a set of dedicated or shared network resources allocated
   from the physical underlay network, and is associated with a
   customized logical network topology.  VPN+ services can be delivered
   by mapping one or a group of overlay VPNs to the appropriate VTNs as
   the virtual underlay.  In packet forwarding, some fields in the data
   packet needs to be used to identify the VTN the packet belongs to, so
   that the VTN-specific processing can be performed on each node the
   packet traverses.

   This document proposes a new Hop-by-Hop option of IPv6 extension
   header to carry the VTN Resource ID, which is used to identify the
   set of network resources allocated to a VTN for packet processing.
   The procedure for processing the VTN option is also specified.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-vpn-vtn-id-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts