Subject: IETF IP/VBI

From: Rony Van Haegenbergh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 17:16:00 +0100

To all concerned with the IETF IP over VBI Working Group:

EACEM Project Team 1.4 has developed (document number TP-14-98-011) a
detailed standards proposal on "Teletext Indepenent Data Line - Format
B". The packet structure of the IDL presented is an improved version of
the IDL Format A defined in ETS 300708 for 625 line systems. Four
applications have so far been defined for IDL Format B - TeleWeb, IP
over VBI for 625 line systems, Commercial Data Broadcasting, and the
Control of Broadcast Equipment. Format B is backwards compatible with
Format A. This document is submitted to the IETF IP/VBI Mailing List.

EACEM as member and feeder organisation of ETSI is using the regular
process to submit this document to the EBU/CENELEC/ETSI Joint Technical
Committee: BROADCASTERS.

David Tarrant from Philips will represent EACEM at the Orlando IETF
IP/VBI Working Group meeting and can provide further details if
necessary.

EACEM is the European sister organisation of CEMA in the US and EIAJ in
Japan, and represents the joint interests of all major Consumer
Electronics Companies manufacturing or researching in Europe.  

Sincerely

Rony Van Haegenbergh
EACEM Technical Director