Subject: WavePhore FEC

From: "Victor Papanaoum" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:13:57 +0800

I agree with Art's suggestion to carefully consider the pros and 
cons of WavePhore FEC vs Norpak FEC.  If fact this break through 
should be treated as a catalyst to embrace open and objective 
discussion of FEC requirements.

It seems that the group has avoided such open discussion - and 
consequently wasted a lot of time - due to a misconception about 
how strong the FEC for the US market actually needs to be.

Io Research's push for a stronger FEC throughout the course of the 
IP over VBI debate was considered only to be an "Asian market" 
problem.  WavePhore have now highlighted the need for a stronger 
FEC even in the US market.

Regards
Victor

------- Forwarded Message Follows -------
From:           	"Allison, Art" <[email-masked]>
To:             	"[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject:        	RE: Bundle interleaving modifications to the draft
Date sent:      	Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:57:42 -0500

Given the potential for improvement for when many lines are used, I think
careful consideration is in order.  However, there is a concern about
interoperation with legacy equipment which also must be heavily weighed.

It seems that one cycle delay is worthwhile to carefully assess the pros and
cons.

Art
::{)

Best Regards

Victor Papanaoum
General Manager
Io Research Pty Ltd 
ACN 057711305
Email:  [email-masked]
Fax:    +61 8 93226631
Phone:  +61 8 93226933