Subject: [ire] New version (3) of the spec and new draft on DNRD

From: Francisco Arias <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 21:40:11 -0800

Colleagues,

A new version of the Data Escrow spec has been published, this time we
separated the base spec from the Domain Name specific objects, which are
now in a separate draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arias-noguchi-registry-data-escrow-03
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arias-noguchi-dnrd-objects-mapping-00

Highlight of the changes from version 02 to 03:

1.  Separated domain name objects from protocol.

   2.  Moved <extension> elements to be child of <deletes> and <contents>,
additionally removed <extension> element from <rdeDomain>,<rdeHost>,
<rdeContact>,<rdeRegistrar> and <rdeIDN> elements.

   3.  Modified the definition of <rde:id> and <rde:prevId>.

   4.  Added <rdeMenu> element under <deposit> element.

   5.  Fixed some typographical errors and omissions.

Main changes from draft-arias-noguchi-registry-data-escrow-02 to
-dnrd-objects-mapping-00:

   1.  Added definition for child elements under the <domain> element.

   2.  Added definition for child elements under the <host> element.

   3.  Added definition for child elements under the <contact> element.

   4.  Rewrote the IDN Variants Handling section to use the variant states
as described in ICANN's Study of Issues Related to the Management of IDN
Variant TLDs.

   5.  Renamed <icannID> to <gurid> in the <rdeRegistrar>.

   6.  Renamed <dnssec> to <secDNS> in the <domain> element.

   7.  Renamed <transfData> to <trnData> in the <domain> element.

   8.  Added <whoisInfo> element under <rdeRegistrar> element.

   9.  Fixed some typographical errors and omissions.

Regards,

__

Francisco.