Subject: [ire] Version 04 of draft-arias-noguchi-dnrd-objects-mapping

From: Gustavo Lozano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 07:26:27 -0700

Colleagues,
 
The authors of draft-arias-noguchi-dnrd-objects-mapping are pleased to
annouce version 04 of this draft (attached to this email). In this version,
the XML and CSV (draft-gould-thippeswamy-dnrd-csv-mapping) models are merged
into one draft. An important objective has been backward compatibility. The
notification and report objects have been moved to
draft-lozano-icann-registry-interfaces.
  
New data elements and attributes were defined following suggestions
previously sent to the list and to the authors in private. It's recommended
that Registries update their XML schemas with to the ones provided in
version 04 as new functionality was added (see change log). XML deposits
generated using version 03 should be compatible with the XML schemas in
version 04. XML deposits from PDT beta were successfully validated with the
XML schemas in version 04. Registries using the CSV model require to do
minor changes to their implementations.
 
The expected release process for the data escrow drafts is the following:
 
1. Publish version 04 when the I-D submission tool is reopened.
2. The structure and language of draft-arias-noguchi-dnrd-objects-mapping
will be revised to make the draft easier to read, this is the objective for
version 05 which should be available two or three months from now.
3. Six months after the first new gTLD is delegated and based in the
operational experience gathered, publish version 06 which may be the first
candidate to become an RFC.
 
----
 
I appreciate your feedback, we will fix any bugs found in this draft before
publishing the official version 04..
 
Regards,
Gustavo