Subject: Re: Draft of IS-IS routing protocol

From: Takashi Ikegawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:12:26 +0900

> 
> |  By the way, personally, I may produce Internet-drafts for the integrated
> |  IS-IS routing protocol if the population using its protocol is not small,
> |  but I need discuss with my boss. Please let me know how many internet
people
> |  used (will use, or are interested in) integrated IS-IS routing protocol.
> 
> 
> Hmmm...  well, I think that might not be the best possible metric.  There
> are relatively few people who use IS-IS in the Internet.  However, they are
> well placed.  Most of the are Tier 1 Internet backbones.  In fact, I would
> venture to say that most of the Tier 1 backbones use IS-IS.  While I'm not
> permitted to name names, I'll just point out that if all of them
> simultaneously went down, it would be pretty fair to say that the Internet
> had collapsed.
> 
> Now, if you want to lose even more sleep tonight, you should think about
> the fact that they're all currently using only one implementation.  ;-) ;-(
> 
Dear Tony

I understood utilization of the integrated IS-IS routing protocol.
Therefore, now, I am NOT going to produce the Internet-draft. If most
members of IS-IS WG recognize that the Internet-draft is necessary, I will
think again.

Thanks. Takashi.

---**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**
Takashi Ikegawa (池川 隆司 in Japanese)
NTT Multimedia Networks Laboratories
3-9-11 Midori-cho, Musashino-shi, Tokyo 180-8585 Japan
Phone +81 422 59 4101, Fax +81 422 60 7372
E-mail [email-masked]