Subject: ISO 10589

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 15:22:34 -0700 (PDT)

Gentlebeings,

As has been discussed here in the last few days, SC6 is currently working
on a second edition of ISO 10589.  This is the IS-IS basis specification.

We are pleased to have a copy of the current draft.  This is now available
as:

ftp://ftp.juniper.net/pub/isis/10589.rtf	[Rich text format]
			       10589.doc	[uSoft Word format]
			       10589.pdf	[Adobe PDF]

Please note that we received the .rtf version and I've extracted the .doc
and .pdf versions.  I've been unable to print the .pdf version, but this
may be a local problem so I'm providing that too.  The .doc version does
print. 

Please note that the document is 134 pages currently.

This draft is intended soley for use by working group members.  Please do
not distribute it outside of the working group.

As the IETF now has a liason relationship with the ITU, the intent here is
for us to comment on this draft.  I believe that the best way that we can
do this is to (quickly) prepare a single document that is the consensus of
comments from the WG.  Organizationally, the first thing we need is an
editor for this document.  Volunteers should send Tony & I mail.

We're still discussing deadlines with the ITU at this point, but the
general word on the street is that we need to be very prompt with our
comments.

Regards,
Tony^2