Subject: [Isis-wg] Levels and adjacencies

From: "Mareline Sheldon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:55:33 +0530

Hi everybody,
I am Mareline Sheldon and am new to this mailing list. I was looking around
the mail archieves and was glad that i found some because what is being
discussed here is exactly what i am looking for .. Here i go ..

Say i am a L1/L2 router and i have a L1 adjacency with router A and L2
adjaceny with router B. I will in principle then be only flooding L1 LSPs to
A and L2 LSPs to B.
And if i have a L1/L2 adjacency with IS C .. then i shall be flooding both
??

True ??

But i have a feeling .. that i cant have L1/L2 adjaceny with some IS ??

/mary

--
Nipon Datacom

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Tayfun Gol <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:02:42 -0400

> adjaceny with router B. I will in principle then be only flooding L1 LSPs to

That is true.

> And if i have a L1/L2 adjacency with IS C .. then i shall be flooding both

You can have L1/L2 adjacency with a router over a point to point link if both
levels are enabled on both routers' interfaces ( and an area address in common
for L1 ) and in this case you will be flooding both L1 and L2 LSPs. For
multiaccess links, there will be a seperate adjacency per enabled level.

Hope this helps...

Tayfun Gol