Subject: [Isis-wg] Manual Adjacencies

From: "Mareline Sheldon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:12:45 +0530

The RFC 1142 (7.3.3.1) says "NOTE - Manual End system Adjacencies shall not
be included in a level 1 LSPs issued on behalf of a pseudonode, since that
would presuppose that all Intermediate systems on a broadcast subnetwork had
the same set of manual adjacencies as defined in the ciruit"

This is not very clear .. if it is not done so then how do manual
adjacencies get advertised on a psedonode ?

Please help!

/Mary

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Learman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:49:16 -0400

First, don't rely on RFC 1142, which is a DRAFT standard.
There were changes to it before it became ISO 10589, which
is what you need to implement.  However, this text didn't
change -- manual adjacencies must be placed in the LSP of
the system that the manual adjacency is configured on, not
in the pseudonode LSP.

Jeff

---

From: mike shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:54:19 +0100

>adjacencies get advertised on a psedonode ?

They don't! They only get advertised in the LSPs of the system with the 
manual adjacency.

         Mike