Subject: [Isis-wg] Pseudonode

From: "Swati Rastogi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:11:13 +0530

Please help me in figureing out as to how IS-IS operates on a lan.
The DR is selected from the number of ISs on the LAN and all the ISs convey
the info that they are connected to the pseudonode to the DR only. All
manual adjacencies are advertised by the individual ISs only .. i.e this
information is multicasted on the LAN. The DR knows which all ISs are there
on the lan and its only this information which is included in its CSNP ..
PSNPs are issued by the individual ISs as an acknowledgment or when they see
that their database differs from that of the DR.

Is this correct ??

The reason why the DR is elected is to reduce the number of adjacencies
maintained at each end of the IS ?

With warm regards,
Swati Rastogi

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg