Subject: [Isis-wg] Action on receipt of LSP

From: "Ken Larmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:04:24 -0400

Hi,

	ISO-10589 states the action to take when receiving certain LSPs (Newer,
Same, Older...). The specification does not state what to do when you
receive a LSP, which contains the same LSPID, Sequence Number but with
different Remaining Lifetime values, i.e. the LSP Database Entry has
Remaining Lifetime = 0 and the received LSP has Remaining Lifetime = 1199.
What should we do in this situation? Should we return the expired LSP to the
source?

Cheers,
Ken

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Erik Hietbrink <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:29:20 +0200

> What should we do in this situation? Should we return the expired LSP to the

No, 10589, section 7.3.16.3 states "if the remaining lifetime of the
received LSP is non-zero, but there is an LSP in the database with the
same sequence number and zero remaining lifetime, the LSP in the 
database shall be considered most recent. Otherwise, the LSP with the
larger sequence number shall be considered the most recent."

Regards,
Erik

---

From: "Ken Larmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:37:35 -0400

Thanks Eric, I missed that!

Cheers,
Ken

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Erik Hietbrink [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 11:29 AM
> To: Ken Larmer
> Cc: Isis-Wg@Spider. Juniper. Net
> Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Action on receipt of LSP
> 
> 
> Ken Larmer wrote:
> > 
> > Hi,
> >