Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] A doubt

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:04:25 -0400

> My question is that how can an IS receive an LSP issued by itself ??
>
> Manav Bhatia

Here are two scenarios in which a router will receive an LSP
with it's SystemId that it has not originated.  

1) If router A reboots, there may still be copies of LSPs from
   the previous run.  These will continue to be flooded around
   the network until the originating router trumps them.

2) It is also possible to have missconfigured a network to
   have two routers with the same system Id.  

The protocol deals with the first but is not designed
to cope with the second.  

- jeff parker
- axiowave networks
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg