Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] Appropriate standard document for implemention of I SIS

From: Les Ginsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:23:27 -0700

The documents below form a complementary set. The corrigenda include
corrections to the text in the 1992 standard. The amendments are additions
to the original text. So you must take into account all of the documents.

In addition, I would strongly recommend that you utilize the latest second
edition draft of ISO 10589, which is freely available from:

ftp.cisco.com/pub/rfc/ISO/
ISO10589v2-2001-07-04.pdf

Although this draft has yet to be formally approved by ISO, it has virtually
completed its public review and is unlikely to undergo further significant
revision. It incorporates all of the corrigenda and amendments into a single
document - and includes some additional corrections which have never been
published in any corrigenda. In addition, it is currently freely available
during the review period - something which may not last. (ISO does not
routinely make specs available for free)

Of course none of this addresses IP specific extensions. For that you will
have to consult the plethora of RFCs, drafts, and (in some cases) expired
drafts - a list of (most of)which can be found on this group's webpage.

I doubt that a specification of a protocol as complex as IS-IS will ever be
100% defect free - this also contributes to job security for protocol
designers/implementors.

  Les

-----Original Message-----
From: Selvam  Murugesan
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 8/10/01 8:55 AM
Subject: [Isis-wg] Appropriate standard document for implemention of ISIS

Hi, 
     I have a confusion on which version of the below stated ISO 10589
standards to follow for implementing the ISIS protocol? Which of this
has the bug-free specifications of this standard? 

1. ISO/IEC 10589:1992 
2. ISO/IEC 10589:1992/Cor 1:1993
3. ISO/IEC 10589:1992/Cor 2:1996
4. ISO/IEC 10589:1992/Cor 3:1996
5. ISO/IEC 10589:1992/Amd 1:1996 Implementation conformance statement
proformas
6. ISO/IEC 10589:1992/Amd 2:1999 Extensions for group composition and
related MST multicast routeing.

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Selvam

_________________________________________________________
For Rs. 2,000,000 worth of Aptech scholarships click below
http://clients.rediff.com/clients/aptechsch/index.htm

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg