Subject: [Isis-wg] tlv codepoints ...

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:33:31 -0700

new version not submitted yet. Will wait 1-2 days on comments before
putting out. numbers are _not_ sorted on purpose

    thanks

    -- tony

Internet Engineering Task Force                               T.
Przygienda
INTERNET DRAFT
Redback

Aug 2001
                       Reserved TLV Codepoints in ISIS
                 <draft-ietf-isis-wg-tlv-codepoints-01.txt>

Status of This Memo

    This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with
    all provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026.  Internet-Drafts are
working
    documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), its areas,
    and its working groups.  Note that other groups may also distribute
    working documents as Internet-Drafts.

    Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six
months
    and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at
    any time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
    material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

    The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
    http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt

    The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
    http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

    Copyright Notice Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2000).  All
    Rights Reserved.

Abstract

    This draft describes implementation codepoints within
    IS-IS [ISO90 , Cal90a , Cal90b ] used today by several ISPs for
    routing within their clouds.  IS-IS is an interior gateway routing
    protocol developed originally by OSI and used with IP extensions as
    IGP. This draft summarizes all TLV codepoints that are being used by

    the protocol and its pending extensions.

Przygienda                     Expires Feb 2002
[Page 1]

Internet Draft                    TLV Codepoints
Aug 2001

1.  TLV Codepoints reserved

________________________________________________________________________

     Name                 Value   IIH   LSP  SNP   Status

________________________________________________________________________

     Area Addresses            1  y     y    n     ISO 10589
     IIS Neighbors             2  n     y    n     ISO 10589
     ES Neighbors              3  n     y    n     ISO 10589
     Part.  DIS                4  n     y    n     ISO 10589
     Prefix Neighbors          5  n     y    n     ISO 10589
     IIS Neighbors             6  y     n    n     ISO 10589
     Padding                   8  y     n    n     ISO 10589
     LSP Entries               9  n     n    y     ISO 10589
     Authentication           10  y     y    y     ISO 10589

     Opt.  Checksum           12  y     n    y     IETF-draft
     TE IIS Neigh.            22  n     y    n     IETF-draft
     MT-ISN                  222  n     y    n     IETF-draft

     LSPBufferSize            14  y?    y    n     ISO 10589 Rev 2 Draft

     DECnet Phase IV          42  ?     ?    ?     DEC (ancient)

     IP Int.  Reach          128  n     y    n     RFC 1195
     IPv6 IP. Reach          236  n     y    n     IETF-draft

     Prot.  Supported        129  y     y    n     RFC 1195
     M-Topologies            229  y     y    n     IETF-draft

     IP Ext.  Address        130  n     y    n     RFC 1195
     IDRPI                   131  n     y    y     RFC 1195

     IP Intf.  Address       132  y     y    n     RFC 1195
     IPv6 Intf.  Addr.       232  y     y    n     IETF-draft

     illegal                 133  n     n    n     RFC 1195 (not used)
     Router ID               134  n     y    n     IETF-draft

     TE IP. Reach            135  n     y    n     IETF-draft
     MT IP. Reach            235  n     y    n     IETF-draft

     Dynamic Name            137  n     y    n     RFC 2763
     3-Way hellos            240  y     n    n     IETF-draft

Przygienda                     Expires Feb 2002
[Page 2]

Internet Draft                    TLV Codepoints
Aug 2001

2.  Assignment Procedures

    This document is provided to avoid possible future conflicts in
    assignment of TLV numbers.  It does not constitute or represent any
    standard or authority assigning TLV numbers.  TLV assignment happens

    on a shared, informational basis between the ISO, SIF and the IETF
    working groups.  The core ISIS protocol is being specified in the
    ISO standards body, IP extensions to it however are products of the
    ISIS working group in IETF. Since ISO does not provide a numbering
    authority and IANA is only responsible for IP related coding points,

    no plausible central authority to assign TLV numbers exists as of
    today.

    This document will be periodically updated by never versions in the
    fashion of [RP94 ] and successors.

3.  Acknowledgments

    Thanks to Les Ginsberg and others for pointing out details and
    improving this work.

4.  Security Consideration

    ISIS security applies to the work presented.  No specific security
    issues are being introduced.

References

    [Cal90a]  R. Callon.  OSI ISIS Intradomain Routing Protocol.
              INTERNET-RFC, Internet Engineering Task Force, February
              1990.

    [Cal90b]  R. Callon.  Use of OSI ISIS for Routing in TCP/IP and Dual

              Environments.  INTERNET-RFC, Internet Engineering Task
              Force, December 1990.

    [ISO90]   ISO.  Information Technology - Telecommunications and
              Information Exchange between Systems - Intermediate System

              to Intermediate System Routing Exchange Protocol for
              Use in Conjunction with the Protocol for Providing the
              Connectionless-Mode Network Service.  ISO, 1990.

    [RP94]    J. Reynolds and J. Postel.  Rfc 1700, Assigned Numbers.
              Internet Engineering Task Force, October 1994.

Przygienda                     Expires Feb 2002
[Page 3]

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: mike shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:27:29 +0100

>      DECnet Phase IV          42  ?     ?    ?     DEC (ancient)

Tony,
         It should only appear in the IIHs, so....

DECnet PhaseIV  42 y  n  n