Subject: [Isis-wg] Setting the over load bit in an MPLS network

From: Amir Birjandi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:04:05 -0400

Hi,

After reading  IS-IS Transient Black hole Avoidance
<draft-ietf-isis-transient-01.txt> draft i have this basic question.

Imagine,

we have a multihop Label switch path, which is carrying the traffic. 

routerA---routerB----routerC----routerD

the label switch path---> from A to D.

IGP== ISIS

there are also a number of disjoint paths between A and D.

If we set the overload bit on C or B,  how would router A know it should
stop sending traffic over that Label switch path.

Any comments is highly appreciated

Amir 
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:29:10 -0600

> stop sending traffic over that Label switch path.

By A receiving B or C's LSP?  Of course, if the LSPs are configured and
B & C forward based on a label, not an IP DA, then it really doesn't
matter, I suppose .. unless some fancy LSP establishment mechanism 
is broken as a result of the anomaly. 

-danny