Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] pseudonode LSP

From: "Swati Rastogi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:17:04 +0530

> I have a question regarding the pseudonode LSPs transmission.
> Should the designated IS send the pseudonode LSPs only on the LAN
> interface
>on which it is a DIS or should it send them on all the interfaces.

only on the LAN on which it is the DIS.

~Swati

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Learman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:11:05 -0400

>only on the LAN on which it is the DIS.

I think you must have misunderstood the question.

LSPs are propagated throughout the subdomain, regardless of the
point of origination (self, others, real, pseudo).  The same
mechanism is used for propagating pseudonode LSPs as other
LSPs, therefore they will be transmitted out ALL links,
broadcast and point-to-point, that are in the same subdomain
(L1 area or L2 backbone).

Jeff