Subject: [Isis-wg] Decision process and LSP arrival

From: "Sachidananda K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 11:53:24 +0000

Hi All,

While executing the deicsion process, if any LSP is received, how can I add 
it to the Link State Database without disturbing the decision process. 
Actually a note in the section 7.3.20.1 from ISO 10589, describes an 
optimization. However, I am not very clear with it. Can anybody please 
explain it to me.

Thanking in advance for all early responses
Sachi

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Ravindra Sunkad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:26:09 -0700

The note basically says that an LSP for a system can be received during the
Dijkstra computation in the following two cases:

1. If the system has not yet been visited in Dijkstra. i.e. when it does get
visited later the updated LSP information will be used.

2. If the system has already been determined to be on the shortest PATH
tree. In that case instead of abandoning the current run of Dijkstra use the
updated LSP information in the next run of Dijkstra.

Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: Sachidananda K [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2001 4:53 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Isis-wg] Decision process and LSP arrival

Hi All,