Subject: [Isis-wg] TE extensions

From: "Manav Bhatia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:09:56 +0530

When going through the IS-IS extensions for Traffic engineering i noticed
that its said that implementations must not inject a /32 prefix for the
interface address as this can lead to forwarding loops when interacting with
systems that do not support this sub-tlv.

The same is mentioned for the sub-tlv for ipv4 neighbor address.

as i understand, if a router is not able to understand any (sub)tlv it can
ignore it and can be skipped on receipt, but will forward the same.

Also why are the interface/neighbor address not considered for IPv6

Thanks,
Manav

"C is not a big language, and is not well served by a big book." -- K&R2

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg