Subject: [Isis-wg] ISIS Restart - receipt of complete set of CSNP's

From: "Matthew Noble" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:50:33 -0000

Mike

Another question. The main reason for stopping the timer T1 is when "a
complete set of CSNP(s) and an acknowledgment" are received over the
circuit. How can it be determined when the "complete set" of CSNP's has been
received? The ISO spec infers that individual CSNP's are pretty much
self-contained and that the order of receipt is not important (and therefore
cannot be assumed) as long as the set taken together cover the whole
contents of the sender's database.

Thanks
Matt

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: mike shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:05:17 +0000

>contents of the sender's database.

Exactly so. When you have a set which covers the whole contents of the 
database. i.e. you want to see a contiguous set (in any order which starts 
at 00...0000 and ends at FFF....FFF (can't be bothered to figure out how 
many digits :-)

         Mike