Subject: [Isis-wg] Number of P2P IIH required to bring a p2p link to Up state

From: "Chan, Chung Ming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:27:42 -1000

Hi,
	The question that I've is as following:
On the p2p link of an IS (assuming it is IP-Only and does not rely on ISH
for the purpose of bring up the adj. and 3-way handshake is NOT used here), 
	if the link just comes up and the IS is sending out  P2P IIHs and
now the IS receives a VALID P2P IIH, shouldn't the IS goes to Up state right
the way according to ISO/IEC 10589, Section 8.2.5?  We've an implementation
in our Lab that requires three P2P IIHs to bring it to up state and it means
that it requires 3 Hello-times to bring the Adj. Up once it is in down
state.

	In other words, shouldn't an implementation require only one P2PIIH
to bring it to Up state as implicitly stated in the state tables in Section
8.2.5?

Thanks,

Ming Chan 
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg