Subject: [Isis-wg] MIB again :)

From: Christian Hopps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:44:08 -0700

Ok I made the bold claim that we would be done with the MIB by this 
month. I think it's fair to say we won't be able to achieve that goal.

Anyway, I'd like to come to an understanding about what we think the 
open issues are and close them.

A brief read through my mailbox highlighted at least a couple issues:

1) Protocol supported
    . Should we use a BITS scalar?
    . Should we have 2 scalars, "Supported" and "Enabled"?

2) isisCircLevelEntry/isisSyslevelEntry Rows
    . Should the values in the isisCircLevelEntrys be read-write or 
read-create

For 1) Yes to both seems reasonable to me. I didn't see anyway comment 
on this and the thread sort of died before this was answered.

For 2) my understanding with the isisCircLevelEntry (similar for 
isisSysLevelEntry) is that currently the rows will be created *if they 
don't exist already* according to what the user has set isisCircLevel 
to in the isisCircEntry Row for the given circuit; however, the user 
could create (read-create access) a value in a isisCircLevelEntry row 
to configure a row that isn't supported by the isisCircLevel value in 
the isisCircEntry.

This seems somewhat useful, but complex. Are there examples of this in 
other protocol MIBs?

IANAME (I am not a MIB expert).

Chris.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: "Don Goodspeed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:23:41 -0700

Christian,

I had thought Jeff, Joan and I had come to some conclusions on
these issues in line with your summations below.  Jeff was then
going to go back and make the revisions but this was when he
left his former company and I don't think his address above
will work any more.

I did not have any more changes and at this time I don't think
Joan does either (correct me if I'm wrong) other than what is
outstanding.

Cheers,
Don

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Christian Hopps
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 10:44 AM
To: ISIS-WG (E-mail)
Cc: Jeff Parker
Subject: [Isis-wg] MIB again :)

1) Protocol supported

Chris.