Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Question of different branch in protocol IS-IS MIB

From: "Parker, Jeff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:57:31 -0400

Enrique -
    The MIB is in last call, so it is not yet a standard.  Should it become
a standard, IANA will assign it a valid OID outside the Experimental range.

    There have been some recent discussion on the list, should you have a
chance to check the archives.

- jeff parker
- mib scribe

----- Prior Message in Ascii ------------

Hello.

My name is Enrique Gonzalez. I am a Spanish company's engineer of systems
management  network that we are  accomplishing a project of management
service  in and we need to  monitoring a part of environment of network
MPLS.

For it, we need to know the OID needed to know the information correlated to
the protocol IS-IS  that it seems not to be very standardized, because in
the IETF's RFC 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-mib-20.txt) the
iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2 appears in the branch mib-2 ( 1.3.6.1.2.1 )
However, in the IANA (http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers) it hangs
up on iso.org.dod.internet.experimental ( 1.3.6.1.3 )
It is an element that hangs up of the experimental branch such and how it
can be appreciated from that page.
I would like could have clarified what information is valid and why this
difference.

Thank you very much.

Greetings.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: "Parker, Jeff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:57:31 -0400

Enrique -

- jeff parker
- mib scribe

----- Prior Message in Ascii ------------

Hello.

Thank you very much.

Greetings.