Subject: [Isis-wg] Computation of areas in MT-ISIS

From: "Pudiyapura, Ajeer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:09:41 -0700

Hi.

  I have the following questions:

1)       How is Area Address Computation (section 7.2.11 of ISO/IEC
10589) done in Multi Topology IS-IS? Are they computed separately for
each topology?

2)       If so, how is the resulting set advertised in L2 LSPs since
there is no mechanism to do this per topology?

Thanks

-Ajeer Pudiyapura

============================================================
The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reproduction,
dissemination or distribution of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Tellabs
============================================================
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Naiming Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 22:00:43 -0700

> 10589) done in Multi Topology IS-IS? Are they computed separately for 

No. MT-ISIS node keeps the same system-id, areas, levels, hostname,
etc. there is no change to any of that.

thanks.
- Naiming

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>