Subject: [Isis-wg] Protocol Action: 'M-ISIS: Multi Topology (MT) Routing in IS-IS' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:17:10 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'M-ISIS: Multi Topology (MT) Routing in IS-IS '
   <draft-ietf-isis-wg-multi-topology-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group.

The IESG contact persons is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-multi-topology-12.txt

Technical Summary
 
    This draft describes an optional mechanism within ISIS used today
    by many ISPs for IGP routing within their clouds. This draft
    describes how to run within a single ISIS domain a set of
    independent IP topologies that we call Multi-Topologies (MTs).
    This MT extension can be used for variety of purposes such as an
    in-band management network ``on top'' of the original IGP topology,
    maintain separate IGP routing domains for isolated multicast or
    IPv6 islands within the backbone, or force a subset of an address
    space to follow a different topology.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  This document has had several Last Calls in the WG.  The WG has
  consensus on advancing this document.  Comments were received
  during IETF Last Call and the spec was revised accordingly.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner reviewed this document for the IESG.
  There are at least two implementations.

RFC-Editor Note:

Section 7.1.  Multi-Topology TLV, last para:

OLD:
     This MT TLV can advertise up to 127 MTs and it can occur multiple
     times if needed within IIHs and LSP fragment zero.  The result MT

NEW:
     This MT TLV can advertise up to 127 MTs. It is announced in IIHs
     and LSP fragment 0, and  can occur multiple times. The result MT

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg