Subject: [Isms] authoritative

From: "David B Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:02:17 -0400

Hi,

In SNMPv3, we have the concept of authoritative. We need to discuss
what that means for the SSH security model. 

I am especially interested in hearing from those who helped develop
SNMPv3 and the notion of authoritative engines in the first place, and
those who fought for the manager being authoritative for Informs (of
whom I am one). 

Obviously everybody is welcome to get in involved, but I'm really
trying to understand whether the historical requirement is stll valid,
and if you don't know what that historical requirement was, you
probably cannot answer the question very well.

Once we establish the requirement, we can determine whether SSH meets
the requirement, in both normal mode and the proposed callback mode.

David Harrington
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms