Subject: [Isms] Charter approved for external review

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:52:48 -0400

Hi.  

I wanted to let you all know that the chairs submitted the charter for
consideration by the IESG last week.

It was approved for external review with one typo correction: the
charter posted on this list claimed that the work to define local
account mappings for ISMS would happen in the radext working group.
The chairs intended to suggest that the work for RADIUS attribute
definitions might happen n RADEXT, not the local account work.

The next step is that the IESG secretary will send out the charter to
the ietf-announce and new-work lists to solicit external comments.

Depending on what comes up during this review period, the charter
could be up for approval as soon as the September 15th telechat.

Thanks for your help in getting to this point.

--Sam

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:45:00 +0200

> definitions might happen n RADEXT, not the local account work.

This was my fault.  When applying the changes suggested by DBH I appended
the phrase "This item might be shared with the RADEXT WG." to the wrong
work item.

Sam, thanks for catching this.

Another modification applied by Sam after he received our submission
was removing targets from the charter that are to be achieved by
the RADEXT WG.

We have to discuss with the RADEXT WG how we can work on these issues
jointly, once the charter is approved.

> could be up for approval as soon as the September 15th telechat.

Thanks,

    Juergen

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:18:56 +0200

Sam,

> could be up for approval as soon as the September 15th telechat.

I will send out a message today.  However, I am not going to be around
for 5 of the 8 days that this external review will last for, and will
not be able to respond to messages in that time.  I ask that you put
over the discussion for an additional week (which also puts it more in
line for the length of time of a normal IETF-wide review).

Eliot

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:07:46 -0400

>>>>> "Eliot" == Eliot Lear <[email-masked]> writes:

    Eliot> Sam,
    >> Depending on what comes up during this review period, the
    >> charter could be up for approval as soon as the September 15th
    >> telechat.

    Eliot> I will send out a message today.  However, I am not going
    Eliot> to be around for 5 of the 8 days that this external review
    Eliot> will last for, and will not be able to respond to messages
    Eliot> in that time.  I ask that you put over the discussion for
    Eliot> an additional week (which also puts it more in line for the
    Eliot> length of time of a normal IETF-wide review).

I am not sure I can do that although I could certainly extend by two
weeks.

Let's see how much interest your message gets.  If there is an active
discussion going on and you haven't been around for a significant part
of it, then it is probably desirable to delay the chartering.  If you
are the only one who expresses interest in the change, I'm reluctant
to delay the process.

--Sam