Subject: Updated SBM MIB (draft-ietf-issll-is802-sbm-mib-01.txt)

From: Andrew Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:29:33 -0700

This was submitted today. You can get a pre-release copy from:

ftp://ftp.extremenetworks.com/pub/outgoing/docs/andrew/draft-ietf-issll-is80
2-sbm-mib-01.txt

It incorporates many helpful suggestions from Carl Kalbfleisch. Open Issues
still remaining:

(2)  How to represent more detailed e.g. per-queue/per-class
     information. We could use the per-interface tables from
     RFC2213/RFC2214 int-serv MIBs but we would then need one of these
     per queue per interface. this might need ifStackTable to group them
     together. Could also try to use the intSrvflowQueue object for
     this.

(8)  Should counters be zeroed whenever a SBM enters I_AM_DSBM state?
     (Propose: NO)

Opinions and other comments to the ISSLL list please.

Andrew

****************************************************************
Andrew Smith                              tel: +1 (408) 579-2821
Extreme Networks                          fax: +1 (408) 579-3000
3585 Monroe St.                   http://www.extremenetworks.com
Santa Clara CA 95051-1450        em:  [email-masked]
****************************************************************