Subject: question on draft-ietf-issll-rsvp-aggr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:06:34 -0400

I have the following questions on the rsvp aggregation draft; perhaps someone
can clarify them for me...

1. PathErr from deaggregating router to aggregating router:
   The original PathErr has the following format:
   <Common Header> [ <INTEGRITY> ] <SESSION> <ERROR_SPEC> [ <POLICY_DATA> ...][
   <sender descriptor> ]

   ERROR_SPEC contains <IP Error Node Addr> <Flags> <Error Code> <Error Value>

   Does the draft suggest that the <IP Error Node Addr> be the deaggregating
   router, the <Error Code> be "NEW-AGGREGATE-NEEDED", and the <Error Value> be
   unspecified ("0")?

   I believe the <SESSION> object still contains the original end-to-end session
   info; Is this correct?  I think the aggregating router needs this info to
   track which original PATH state (there may be many) is associated with this
   PathErr.

2. Aggregate Path message:
   Is the draft adding a <AGGREGATE_SESSION> object, IN ADDITION TO the original
   <SESSION> object?  I think the original <SESSION> object containing
   end-to-end session info needs to be retained; otherwise the deaggregating
   router can not correlate the Aggregate Path message with a waiting PATH
   state, as suggested at the bottom of section 2.3,
     "To enable correct updating of the ADSPEC, a deaggregating router may wait
     for the arrival of an aggregate Path before forwarding the E2E Path."

Thank you,

Liang Li.