Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-dclass-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:09:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services over Specific Link Layers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Format of the RSVP DCLASS Object
	Author(s)	: Y. Bernet
	Filename	: draft-ietf-issll-dclass-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
RSVP signaling may be used to request QoS services and enhance the
manageability of application traffic's QoS in a differentiated service
(diff-serv or DS) network.  When using RSVP with DS networks it is
useful to be able to carry carry Differentiated Services Code Points
(DSCPs) in RSVP message objects.  One example of this is the use of RSVP
to arrange for the marking of packets with a particular DSCP upstream
from the DS network's ingress point, at the sender or at a previous
network's egress router.
The DCLASS object is used to represent and carry DSCPs within RSVP
messages.  This draft specifies the format of the DCLASS object and
briefly discusses its use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-dclass-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-issll-dclass-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-dclass-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.