Subject: RFC 3175 on RSVP Reservation Aggregation

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:44:55 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3175

        Title:	    Aggregation of RSVP for IPv4 and IPv6 Reservations
        Author(s):  F. Baker, C. Iturralde, F. Le Faucheur, B. Davie
        Status:     Standads Track
	Date:       September 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 88681
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-issll-rsvp-aggr-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3175.txt

This document describes the use of a single RSVP (Resource ReSerVation
Protocol) reservation to aggregate other RSVP reservations across a
transit routing region, in a manner conceptually similar to the use of
Virtual Paths in an ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) network.  It
proposes a way to dynamically create the aggregate reservation,
classify the traffic for which the aggregate reservation applies,
determine how much bandwidth is needed to achieve the requirement, and
recover the bandwidth when the sub-reservations are no longer
required.  It also contains recommendations concerning algorithms and
policies for predictive reservations.

This document is a product of the Integrated Services over Specific
Link Layers Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.