Subject: [its] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-02.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:42:04 +0200

HEllo,

We have posted an update of the "C-ACC at SDO" draft.

It makes an analysis of the gap between how AODV or ND or MIP can 
perform in a C-ACC V2V topology, and what ideally an IP protocol would do.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-02#section-11

What do you think about these protocols for V2V?  AODV, ND, MIP.

Also, we added C-ACC perspectives from ETSI, SAE, IEEE P1609 and 
ISO-IEEE Harmonization in this space.

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : I-D Action: draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-02.txt
Date : Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:25:12 -0700
De : [email-masked]
Répondre à : [email-masked]
Pour : [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control and 
Platooning at SDOs and Gap Analysis
         Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                           James Huang
                           Thierry Ernst
                           Rex Buddenberg
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-09-18

Abstract:
    This document describes the use-cases of Cooperative Adaptive Cruise
    Control, and Platooning, as defined by several Standards Development
    Organizations such as ETSI, IEEE P1609, SAE, 3GPP, ISO and FirstNet.

    C-ACC and Platooning involve concepts of direct vehicle-to-vehicle,
    and device-to-device communications, which are developped at least by
    3GPP and precursory by the METIS EU project.  They are illustrated
    very clearly in emergency settings such as FirstNet.

    IP messages - instead of link-layer messages - are pertinent for
    C-ACC and Platooning use-cases because applications for road safety
    such as WAZE, iRezQ and Coyote (currently involving infrastructure)
    are IP messages, and proved succesful in deployments.  Applications
    such as Sentinel are direct between vehicles but are not IP,
    currently.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt