Subject: [its] Ben Campbell's Block on charter-ietf-ipwave-00-01: (with BLOCK and COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 14:39:42 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-ipwave-00-01: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ipwave/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"This group will work on V2V and V2I use-cases where IP is well-suited
as a networking technology, supporting also applications that involve
exchanges of safety-related messages between vehicles and
infrastructure if necessary."

If by "safety related messages", we are talking about use cases where
life or property may be lost in failure cases, then I think this needs
more clarity about the scope of such cases. I don't think "if necessary"
is appropriate here; do we not already know what's necessary?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I share the concerns others have mentioned regarding clarity of expected
work items.

- "This group will develop IP-based protocols to establish direct and
secure connectivity between a vehicle, which is often comprised of
moving networks..."

s/comprised of/comprises

- Does the group really expect to leverage technologies developed in
t2trg? 

- Is the last paragraph needed? Any group can be rechartered.