Subject: [its] Spencer Dawkins' Block on charter-ietf-ipwave-00-01: (with BLOCK)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 16:16:40 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-ipwave-00-01: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ipwave/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was intrigued by 

"Without re-chartering, this group will not work on Delay-Tolerant
Networking nor on Information-Centric Networking."

For DTN - I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see IPWAVE *using* the DTN
protocols, but do the IPWAVE people have a sense that what DTN is doing
now is potentially useful, but not usable in its current form, so that
IPWAVE would need to "work on" the protocols DTN is producing? If part of
IPWAVE is a DTN application, that could be a good thing, but if DTN is
producing a "close but not close enough for IPWAVE" protocol set, that
would be great to know.

For ICN - this is still in ICNRG, isn't it? But even if it comes to the
IETF, I'd think ICN would be out of scope for IPWAVE to "work on",
although (as with DTN) I could see IPWAVE *using* ICN protocols as they
are standardized.

Are you seeing people who want to work on these topics in the IPWAVE
space now? If so, we should definitely talk! Maybe that conversation
should happen during External Review, or maybe we should chat about it
now?