Subject: [iucg] Fwd: Re: IDNABIS Status post-IETF 75

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:11:00 +0200

Dear Members,
this mail was sent by Lisa Dussault, Applications Area Director. As 
soon as the documents are finalized, I will put them on the WIKIDNA 
and the IUCG Wiki IDNABIS for internal review. I will then ask you to 
carefully review them IRT to the Interplus documents we will then be 
able to finalize (I am half-way through my I_D generation program 
from our wiki bilingual pages). In the meanwhile, I thank you to 
continue not to interfere with debates on the WG-IDNABIS. The 
consensus has been reached eventhough some participants continue to 
have their own ideas.

There always are differences between WG and IETF LCs and 
implementations. We are interested in the real life interoperability 
between the IETF/LC consensus and the way Browsers, application and 
Interplus implementation designers will understand and accept it. 
Once we are sure there is no blocking aspect in IDNA2008, our job 
will at last be to build on top of it. The way we may eventually 
implement IDNA2008 MAY be different because we will use an 
architecture and routines that may extend it. Nevertheless it will be 
the full "IDNA2008 xn-- internationalised presentation" that we will 
transparently support.

Have great vacations!
jfc

>Subject: Re: IDNABIS Status post-IETF 75
>From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
>To: Vint Cerf <[email-masked]>
>Cc: [email-masked]
>
>On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Vint Cerf 
><<mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]> wrote:
>By way of this message, I am asking Lisa Dusseault, the Area Director,
>to outline the procedures for Working Group Last Call. Once these
>procedures are complete, I plan to submit the finalized documents to
>the Area Director along with a brief cover letter outlining our work
>for presentation to the IESG. The IESG will either authorize the
>documents to enter IETF Last Call or return them to the Area Director
>(and implicitly to me as working group chair) for revision.
>
>
>It is customary to do a Working Group Last Call, as part of 
>determining Working Group consensus for the documents.  Vint has 
>asked for new issues during this WGLC, and has indicated over the 
>past year a number of issues that the WG has closed (already come to 
>consensus on).  Posting overall impressions of the current state of 
>documents can be useful during this time as part of demonstrating consensus.
>
>After WG consensus is determined, the documents would go to me for 
>Area Director review (though I've been following closely all along), 
>then I send the documents to IETF Last Call as required by RFC2026, 
>and finally for IESG Approval.
>
>Thanks for your contributions & reviews,
>Lisa