Subject: [iucg] call for suggestions - october concertation meeting

From: jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 02:35:40 +0200

Dear friends,

Further to different discussions introduced/held/closed this week, I 
suggest that we stop being overly involved in the WG-IDNABIS and 
ASIWG. They now have perfectly identified the point at stake and we 
must consider how to best contribute to what has become a debate over 
different opinions. We will only confuse them all in calling on 
concepts that they have not yet investigated and that are out of 
their Charter (they need, however, to shape the Internet in the 
Charter's area so that it can cope with the coming semiotic tide that 
we have started investigating).

IETF must decide if IDNA stand for Integrated, Internationalized, 
Internet Domain Names. IMHO, only full scale real life testing can 
truly help in establishing a better understanding of where we stand. 
However, testing in turn calls for a test-bed and a clear project 
and, therefore, clear documentation.

1. our basic response to the IDNA level of concerns is online: 
<http://iucg.org/wiki/Interplus>http://iucg.org/wiki/Interplus. In 
our ISO like format. We will most probably publish it at least as a 
glossary along with the interplus document.

2. we are experimenting difficulties with my conversion tool from 
wiki to xml2rfc. I just decided to redevelop a direct I_D text 
production tool. This may take a few weeks, though, because I will 
try to support several formats, and because I will be on vacations.

3. we are currently preparing a working framework for a submission 
set, in order to document the path "from the Internet, to the 
Internet Plus, to the multilingual Intersem". This document will 
probably require a few months to complete as it will be kept in tune 
with the preparation of the various documents as they are being 
developed. In which, it will also serve as an executive summary. The 
submissions should concern the intersem, semantic addressing system, 
polynym metastructure, intertest to ensure that the real-life testing 
(technology and governance) does not interfere with daily traffic, a 
global semiotic approach, the technical formalization of commercial 
as well as private spheres and built-in micropayment, the much needed 
glossary, etc. no to speak of the much necessary underlaying research 
on linguistic, metatechnic, ethitechnic, anthrobotic sociology, 
governance methodology, facilitation reasoning, etc. So, it will 
there is a big task ahead. I suspect it will not be a lead user lead 
topic for a long and that a reticular semantician community may develop.

4. We plan, according to the IETF standardization rules, to deploy 
two major running projects along this plan:

-  "projet.fra" for a French language open ontology that shall use 
its own extended namespace (semantic addressing) as its open taxonomy
-  "multilinc", for African languages - in this case, we plan to 
progressively publish a guide on the way to port a language, as well 
as a culture, on the intersem.

5. Our main concern is that the existing Internet's possibilities, 
which we may activate/unleash, could result in new governance, 
adminance (technical and administrative governance), and network 
economy evolution challenges. We, therefore, should be rather careful 
and  liaise with all the concerned international organizations 
(UNESCO, ITU, WSIS, ISO, ICANN, IAB, EU, MINC, MAAYA, OECD, ASIWG, 
etc.) in order to keep them well informed.

This is why I hereby suggest that we consider an open IUCG "Intersem 
preparation" concertation meeting to be held in early October in 
Versailles. As the MLTF used to.

Have great and studious vacations.

jfc

---

From: "Margaret Dunham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:43:58 +0200

Dear Jefsey,
A concertation meeting sounds like a very good idea. Personally, the
morning of Saturday 3 October would suit me perfectly.
Enjoy your well earned vacation!
Margaret

Le Ven 10 juillet 2009 02:35, jefsey a écrit :
> _______________________________________________
> listegenerale mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://franceatlarge.org/mailman/listinfo/listegenerale_franceatlarge.org
>

-- 
Margaret Dunham
Persée - Université Lyon2
86 rue pasteur. 69007 Lyon. FRANCE
tél : (+33) 4 78 69 74 66
http://www.persee.fr