Subject: Re: [iucg] How would we consider an IP root for the GRS [global routing system]?

From: jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:34:50 +0100

At 00:48 18/02/2010, Marie-France Berny wrote:
>Just something I thought. Look at words. The words morphology tells 
>us if they belong to a language or not. There are self verification 
>rules. This is why IDNA is about orthotypography. Names and 
>addresses must make sense. Actually what is an address, but a name 
>with some built-in organization that permits to check or more easily 
>use it. RIR use addresses like names, this is absurd: instead of 
>simplifying routing and security they make them more complicate.
>
>A name is much more mobile that an address. Or better, an address 
>has to be much more rooted in many things than a name. You can 
>change the name of a building, not its address?
>Cheers.

Bonsoir!

The comparison with the Internat is always interesting. I just found 
back an Aristotle quote: "the persons who possess a retentive memory 
are not identical with those who excel in power of recollection; 
indeed, as a rule, slow people have a good memory, whereas those who 
are quick-witted and clever are better at recollecting". This seems 
to be good: tables and logics.  RPKI would be retentive memory? 
"Rumour" processing could be Aristotle's "quick-witted" coherence analysis.

What would be interesting would be to know what the "rumour" 
coherence can be today from experience.

May be could we consider how to build IDv6 addressing plans first? 
This is in our immediate scope. May be could we then have a better 
understanding. Also, Olaf say the protocol can support several roots. 
This is something we should look into. Did someone read drafts in the 
WG area? Or would we know someone able to explain the context of the 
WG debate ?

Look, if I want to answer a mail, I just sent to reply-to. I trust 
the address. Am-I right?
If I want to send a mail, I must find the mail address externally and check-it.

This being said, it would be interesting to dig into some 
bioadressing. I tried it on Google - 2 answers:
1. "Our understanding of bioaddressing is currently at the stage 
where computer networking and telecommunications were 15 years ago, 
in terms of how to package, 
..."http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T4P-3Y0J7YM-1&_user=10&_coverDate=01%2F15%2F2000&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1211710008&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=0af5a7c28f7a8fc07770451d42e83a92

2. Liposome-Associated Solutes, Delivery of - Encyclopedia of Surface ...
At present, it is possible to mimic this type of bioaddressing by 
genomic means.11 The approach includes the incorporation of 
oligosaccharides and 
...http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a758586395~db=all

More search shows that natural targeted addressing does exist in 
nature, at least at some scale levels
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleListURL&_method=list&_ArticleListID=1211710008&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=00aa1a6cca5d88fc75d1d0b50e632884

Also, some thinking about the constructal theory could give some 
ideas on most favoured routing patterns? More on Bejan's ideas: 
http://www.constructal.org/
http://blogs.zdnet.com/emergingtech/?p=123

We are back at the begining: what is addressing and what is routing...
jfc

---

From: Elisabeth Blanconil <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:43:49 +0100

Massa Jefsey,

what you mean is that we could replace routing tables by crystal globes?
With a special Netix command claiming "hey, I reached it!". I leave you with
your brains and little flowers.

However, I think I am going to think over some semantic processing on this.
Let imagine an ISO 11179 registry where each IP address is a concept the
owner and the operators can document. We then have an intricated history of
each address by multiple random sources. If one of the information attached
to an address is its neighbors one could build/verify paths. What could be
thought of is that registries are built at each interbox and when an address
is unknown to an interbox it interviews its trusted neighbors. This way the
registry would act as a long term documented cache. Why not to add the
domain names and get a complete vision. Then it would constantly review the
consistency of its data (an ontology of its address space) and ring an alarm
when something goes odd. The alarm would get to the trusted neighbors etc.
Some kind of trusted topology mutual protection.

Such a system would only rely on me and systems I rely on. BTW did you
advance on the old, old, old idea of a French JTC1/SG32/WG2 mirror
committee. It would help. Did you not put Henninot and Lang on their mailing
list? Or should we not eventually sit together one day and work on an MDRS
registry logic that could start using the DNS and move on experience.

We do need a "C" little genius with us to work on prototypes. Not only a big
"jfC" one.

JEDI Hebe

2010/2/18 jefsey <[email-masked]>

> Just something I thought. Look at words. The words morphology tells us if
> they belong to a language or not. There are self verification rules. This is
> why IDNA is about orthotypography. Names and addresses must make sense.
> Actually what is an address, but a name with some built-in organization that
> permits to check or more easily use it. RIR use addresses like names, this
> is absurd: instead of simplifying routing and security they make them more
> complicate.
>
> A name is much more mobile that an address. Or better, an address has to be
> much more rooted in many things than a name. You can change the name of a
> building, not its address?
> Cheers.
>
>
> Bonsoir!
>
> The comparison with the Internat is always interesting. I just found back
> an Aristotle quote: "the persons who possess a *retentive memory* are not
> identical with those who excel in power of *recollection*; indeed, as a
> rule, slow people have a good memory, whereas those who are quick-witted and
> clever are better at recollecting". This seems to be good: tables and
> logics.  RPKI would be retentive memory? "Rumour" processing could be
> Aristotle's "quick-witted" coherence analysis.
>
> What would be interesting would be to know what the "rumour" coherence can
> be today from experience.
>
> May be could we consider how to build IDv6 addressing plans first? This is
> in our immediate scope. May be could we then have a better understanding.
> Also, Olaf say the protocol can support several roots. This is something we
> should look into. Did someone read drafts in the WG area? Or would we know
> someone able to explain the context of the WG debate ?
>
> Look, if I want to answer a mail, I just sent to reply-to. I trust the
> address. Am-I right?
> This being said, it would be interesting to dig into some bioadressing. I
> tried it on Google - 2 answers:
> 1. "Our understanding of *bioaddressing* is currently at the stage where
> computer networking and telecommunications were 15 years ago, in terms of
> how to package, * ..."http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T4P-3Y0J7YM-1&_user=10&_coverDate=01%2F15%2F2000&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1211710008&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=0af5a7c28f7a8fc07770451d42e83a92
>
> *2. Liposome-Associated Solutes, Delivery of - Encyclopedia of Surface ...
> At present, it is possible to mimic this type of bioaddressing by genomic
> means.11 The approach includes the incorporation of oligosaccharides and ...http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a758586395~db=all
>
>  <http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content%7Econtent=a758586395%7Edb=all>More
> search shows that natural targeted addressing does exist in nature, at least
> at some scale levels
> Also, some thinking about the constructal theory could give some ideas on
> most favoured routing patterns? More on Bejan's ideas:
> _______________________________________________
> iucg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iucg
>
>