Subject: [iucg] [email-masked] moderation has been turned off

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 01:10:44 +0100

I copy you a mail of Jean-Michel Bernier de Portzamparc, facilitator 
of the [email-masked] mailing list.
jfc

----

Dear Colleagues,

the way the IESG has approved the IDNA2008 document set, without the 
Mapping document, and the last WG/IDNABIS mail exchanges indicate 
that the IDNA2008 work is now completed with a minimum rough 
consensus of leaders that Mapping is to presented and not to be 
reviewed. Therefore I consider that I can remove the moderation on our list.

After discussion with Jefsey Morfin 
(<mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked] facilitator) we agreed that we 
could proceed as follows:

1. Jefsey is to introduce an appeal against the IESG not including 
the Mapping document into IDNA2008 document set and warning the users 
through a disclaimer that IDNA2008 is rather unusual (as documented 
in the Mapping document) and therefore should not be used prior to a 
Mapping document follow-up (we call it IDNA2010) has been approved by 
the IESG which will document how to implement the Internet side 
IDNA2008 counter part on the user side.

2. as part of that appeal, Jefsey might update his I_D 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iucg-wgidnabislc-01>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iucg-wgidnabislc-01 
(he has quite loaded with family responsibilities) to introduce 
clearly what the WG/LC considered to be done and which has not been 
covered yet and adding the points pending on http://idna2010.org the 
AD and the Members of the WG have discussed and left to the "user 
side". This might be a good starting document to prepare an IDNA2010 
BCP on the way to implement the IDNA2008 counterpart on the user side.

3. In the meanwhile (let say till mid-march) we could discuss what 
each of us expects from this mailing list and how the 
<http://idna2010.org>http://idna2010.org page/site could be improved.

Last but not least. Severals opposed the use of IDNA2010 as 
confusing. Actually, we picked that name because ccNSO was starting 
using it as a successor of IDNA2008 and we wanted to stop the 
confusion. We registered IDNA2010.org and IDNA2012.org in order to discuss:

- IDNA2008 as the IDNA Internet side
- IDNA2010 as the IDNA user side
- IDNA2012 as the IDNA common administration and operation issues

That names could be upgraded after the IESG and possibly the IAB have 
answered the question raised by the appeal.

Best.
Portzamparc

_______________________________________________
workon mailing list
[email-masked]
http://idna2010.org/mailman/listinfo/workon_idna2010.org
_______________________________________________
workon mailing list
[email-masked]
http://idna2010.org/mailman/listinfo/workon_idna2010.org