Subject: [iucg] where are we?

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:19:00 +0100

Dear all,

IDNA2008 gave us back the architectural capability we longed for 
twenty four years. IMHO, we want now to play it fair avoiding 
harm/confusion, hence:

1. In the case of being advised on the harm our exploration of the 
IDNA2008 consequences, the authority is the IAB, hence the appeal.

2. In the case of documenting IDNA on the user side (IDNA2010) we 
always agreed that the WG/IDNABIS Chair was the Internet side authority.

3. In the case of documenting the Interplus, we are now authoritative 
and based upon IDNA2008 documents. I suggest that avoiding confusion 
here means:

3.1. to proceed independently from the appeal but in line with it, 
i.e. using it as a reference regarding the issues to address, 
updating it with the contribution received.
3.2. to document the Interplus as an existing practical system, 
delaying its rationale until we have running experience. This may 
delay political, commercial, activist hackers.
3.3. to maintain a comprehensive digital relational facilitation 
services framework clearly defined as three strata (electric, logic, 
semantic) with two logic substrata (passive content [Internet] and 
active/abient content [Interplus]). As per our charter we will focus 
on (1) interfacing IETF/Internet users (2) documenting and 
interfacing the IETF as Inteplus/interusers.
3.4. IMHO we need an Interplus continuation of RFC 1958 and 3439. 
With permanent change, simplicity and diversity through multiplicity 
as basic principles and a review of the RFC 1958 recipes, based upon 
experience and Interplus/Intersem.
3.5. to consider the adminance issues (technical strategy) and only 
consider governance (political strategy) if it help us

4. I would suggest an on-going review of the charter for more 
affimative positioning based upon one year experience and a clearer 
definition of our interest in the Intersem. We have become 
multilinguists, do we want to become "interbrainers" ?

5. Once the IESG and IAB contributions are settled on IDNA we will be 
in a position to restart [email-masked].

I will be out of touch for the most part of the week-end.

jfc

PS. Please, let continue not to react to the IETF mail exchanges. An 
appeal is a way to contribute. Not to conflict. The Anti-Jefsey 
bronca (by the usual ones :-)) is over.  We want to learn from the 
comments to this appeal.  I hope that a clearer focus on the 
Interplus and its documentation brings us more participants.