Subject: [iucg] conclusions after the IAB response to my appeal

From: jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 01:25:40 +0200

Dear IUsers,

My 7 June 2010 appeal to the IAB was answered on 20 August 2010, 
while the RFC 5890 suites it questioned the publication without a 
disclaimer (the IAB actually produces the text in its response), had 
however been published on 4 Aug 2010 without this disclaimer. I have 
analysed the IAB responses at 
http://wikalfa.org/wiki/JFC%27s_appeal_%2B_IAB_response_%2B_JFC_Conclusions 
(public domain).

In order to provide the reader with a full understanding of the my 
conclusions, the text of his appeal is embedded with the 
corresponding understandings and responses of the IAB and these 
conclusions concerning their underlying guidance. As emphasized in 
the appeal, this appeal was a "working appeal". It sought to obtain 
IAB responses concerning the way to pursue the two IETF consensuses 
that I obtained (RFC 4645 suites and RFC 5890 suites) towards the 
Intersem (Semantic Internet). The Intersem necessarily demands a 
multilinguistic Internet (what RFC 4646 could have prevented), a 
presentation layer, and an architectural reading of the Internet 
technology based on the principle of subsidiarity (the right action 
at the right place) in addition to the principle of adaptability (to 
match the principle of permanent change [RFC 1958]), and to the 
principle of simplicity [RFC 3439]. The RFC 5890 suites illustrate 
how subsidiarity should be used and enables the support of diversity 
that can not only be provided anymore by growth, but also by 
unlimited multiplication.

I ultimately conclude this analysis in noting that the IAB response 
clearly shows that the IAB does not want to engage itself, hence the 
IETF, in the off-the-rope areas opened by IDNA2008. The precautionary 
duty demanded this to be clarified by the IESG and IAB, before any 
move and BoF in order to avoid gray areas and conflicts of 
responsibility and interest. Now it has been clarified. Now we know 
how we can fully cooperate.

Therefore, I will follow independently on the public domain ALFA 
research, documentation, development, and testing and I will keep 
liaising with the IETF through the IUCG.

The question had to be posed. The response is now in the records. I 
thank all of those who participated in getting this major point 
clarified, especially Lisa Dussault, Vint Cerf, and the IAB and the 
IESG Chairs, Olaf Kolkman and Russ Housley, without forgetting the 
JEDIs (Jefsey's Disciples, as they were nicknamed by Martin Dürst) 
and the patient, inspired, and thorough work of John Klensin.

Best

jfc