Subject: [iucg] ALFA

From: jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 01:24:51 +0200

http://wikalfa.org/wiki/AP/NOTE_WELL_ALFA

Dear IUsers,

The mission of the IUCG is to provide an interface between the IETF 
and the users of its deliverables as well as to propose ways to use 
them better to the Internet users' community. Efforts deployed at the 
WG/IDNABIS have led IDNA2008 to break the Internet limitation to the 
sole common growth in supporting diversity, and to introduce free 
multiplication at a loosely coupled Internet Use Interface as an 
unlimited alternative (still to be documented but de facto introduced 
by the killed consensual "Mapping" document and the non-answered 
questions of the AD Lisa Dussault). This certainly introduces an 
"Internet II" perspective in the reading of the whole IETF RFC set. 
The IAB has now three guidances to provide: its response to my 
appeal, their RFC on IDNA, and the longer term results of the 
structured plan announced by its Chair.

One cannot assume what the terms of the IAB response to my appeal 
will be, so there is no reason to change anything on the IUCG side 
for now, prior to engaging in post-IDNA2008 debates. However, I did 
commit to the WG/IDNABIS, to its Chair, to the AD, and to many others 
to document the ML-DNS once IDNA2008 would be published.

----

As documented by Joyce Reynold (then the RFC Editor for a long time) 
at the <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4647>RFC 4647 occasion, my 
appeal should have prevented the IDNA2008 to be published before the 
IAB would have responded. Therefore, we should have known how/where 
to work on ML-DNS before we start. The only exception that Joyce 
Reynold provided was for the IESG Chair to expedite the publication 
(I asked the Chair and the Editor about it all, but they did not 
respond yet). Anyway, the expediting of the publication of 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5890>RFC 5890/4 creates a new 
situation, since IDNA2008 is now an asset of the IETF that can be 
unexpectedly discussed everywhere by anyone under the NOTE WELL 
premises, which should also be the case for the ML-DNS and its 
experimentation.

However, by its open multitechnology user oriented nature, the ML-DNS 
belongs to a general open reading of the Internet named "architecture 
libre/free architecture (ALFA)". This open reading is an 
Internet/IETF users/grassroots response to the IAB 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3869>RFC 3869 call on the non-merchant 
sector to contribute to the Internet R&D.

----

ALFA is a project of architectural convergence for the components of 
the World Digital Ecosystem and Technological Facilitation (WDETF) 
that unifies the Internet, communications, and cognition strata. It 
extends the Internet with a smart Internet Use Interface (IUI) and 
the Intersem (semiotic and semantic Internet) and, as such, its 
documentation can only belong to the public domain. This calls for 
its study and first presentation to be made outside of the IETF as a 
result of the ISOC copyrights rules.

This is why I will document ALFA as an individual, through a 
dedicated public domain site 
(<http://wikalfa.org>http://wikalfa.org). By being fist published on 
this site, ALFA will be in the public domain. Everyone will then be 
able to make free use, or reference, of its thoughts, even under the 
IETF NOTE WELL to which the IUCG is subject. ALFA will be supported 
by a "Fondation ALFA Foundation": I will assume its liaison with 
IUCG. I hope that this will help me regarding the recruitment and 
budget of the IUCG during the coming year and my search for its new 
facilitator

The bet of the ALFA project is that the Internet architecture will be 
its own successor if it is read in an enhanced way due to an extended 
context. The working method is, therefore, an iterative approach between:
    * the study of the existing Internet and of its experience in 
light of this new perspective (Archives: Internet documents gradually 
unified and revisited)
    * a deeper understanding of this new perspective based on the 
contributions of this study, the premises discussed for thirty years, 
the experience of the other technologies used in the global digital 
ecosystem, and the results of experimentation and of bench testing 
(Preparatory notes)
    * transdisciplinarity with the systemic understanding of other 
areas, particularly semiotic, and the support of the various 
diversities (ontological, biological, semantic, physical, linguistic, 
applicative, economic, political, cultural, social, etc.) (Archives: 
external documents)
    * drafting of specialized notes made available to anyone who 
would want to criticize or supplement them through a discussion list 
or by personnal mails.
----

In principle, nothing is to be foreign to ALFA whose purpose is to 
ultimately enable machines to take everything into account, in the 
most simple and practical way for them, as part of a people centric 
global digital ecosystem where these people themselves participate, 
so that they may facilitate the human person's empowerment as well as 
complexify his or her remote or direct control by others or social 
engineering.

This ambition is as unlimited as are the Internet corresponding needs 
in order to fulfill its ultimate expected mission, which is to 
facilitate intercomprehension in human relations, mechanical 
operations, and natural interactions. This is why ALFA must use the 
Internet as a source of systemic inspiration and experience as well 
as an intelligent test-bed that is directly visible and accessible to 
all for its real life experimentation, conceptual validation, and 
further optimization.

jfc