Subject: [iucg] addressing the Inteligent User Interface area

From: jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 09:35:57 +0200

Dear IUsers,

After a two and a half year marathon, I have concluded what I would 
call my Diversity Introduction Precautionary Journey. Throughout that 
journey, I brought to the attention of the IESG, IAB, IETF, and ICANN 
all possible information and warnings about the limitations and 
consequences that I found in their reading of the Internet protocols, 
while I made sure that none of them (except ICANN, which never 
answered) found my own reading objectionable. However, it may have 
been perceived as unnecessary by some and disturbing by others.

This journey made it clear that my distributed network people centric 
oriented interest in communications is consensually considered among 
the "EISOCANN" (ISOC, IETF, ICANN) community as external to their own 
shared decentralized network values and areas of competence and 
responsibility, as described in RFC 3935. As such, none of them is 
claiming control of the areas that I am engaged in exploring, even 
though they seek to be informed and to be able to respond when their 
areas could be affected by the work on the Internet Use Interface 
(IUI) at their "inner Internet" fringe. This enables a more open and 
global approach for the study of considered user's use: it will be 
how to best use multiple technologies together, even thought the 
Internet and its evolutions will keep the lead. In terms of 
documentation and mutual information, this IUCG will be the proper 
interface (http://wikalfa.org/wiki/Different_scopes_for_mutual_contributions).

This separation of scope is certainly the best achievement of 
IDNA2008 and a confirmation of the Internet architectural principle 
of subsidiarity (the right thing at the right place) that IDNA2008 
illustrated. Another principle that I pled for is the precautionary 
principle: I respected it in questioning the WG, Chair, AD, IESG, and 
IAB. It is now up to us to implement it under its other form: as the 
principle of least surprise while exploring, testing, documenting, 
and possibly deploying a distributed "Internet PLUS", as a necessary 
step towards the Intersem - the Internet of thoughts.

As a result, the IUCG will be able to develop and stabilize its role 
as the interface between IETF engineers and lead Internet users, and 
among them the IUsers working on the Intelligent Use Interface, i.e. 
the user centric generalization of this Internet Use Interface that 
IDNA2008 has acknowledged and that the IAB has started exploring in 
its IDNA related Draft and long-term plan.

As a consequence, I will focus on the architectural intelligent use 
related studies (public domain http://wikalfa.org/wiki) and on the 
leadership of an Intertest practical experimentation project (real 
life testing of ALFA) and I will keep other users informed through 
this mailing list and the appropriate information I_D that we should 
all work out together, in taking advantage of your experience of 
other kind of use of the same IETF deliverables.

Best,

jfc