Subject: [iucg] post IDNA2008 integration and terminology

From: jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 00:44:49 +0200

I think our http://iucg.org/wiki/IDNS_Common_Glossary now gathers the 
descriptions of  the IETF and ICANN post IDNA2008 problems and of the 
terms proposed to discuss and address them.

To complete the review of what we termed as the IDNA2010 problem 
(i.e. the integration of IDNA2008 within the Internet technology) and 
before considering what we termed as the IDNA2012 problem, i.e. the 
integration of IDNA2008 and IDNA2010 within the Internet 
architecture) we now have to:

- run the equivalent of a WG/LC informing the VIP, PRECIS, former-IDNABis
- request:
    - the new happiana list if hey have some comments. I think it 
would be useful for the IANA to maintain a multilingual Internet glossary.
    - Richard Adoba if his DYN DNS vs. IDNA2008 still holds.

I think that IDNA2012 issues should not be discussed at this stage, 
but they can certainly be introduced (ex. ISO 11179). I  suppose our 
target would bu to publish an "IDNS for Dummies" where the IDNS would 
be the post-IDNA2008 Internet DNS.
Best
jfc