Subject: [jose] fyi: Next Steps for W3C Web Cryptography API and Identity work

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:15:15 -0800

Subject: Next Steps for Web Cryptography API and Identity work
From: Harry Halpin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:45:04 +0100
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Hope everyone enjoyed TPAC and the discussion so far - as you can tell,
things have been moving.

Here's the plan:

1) Web Cryptography API: The draft charter will remain in the wiki one
more week to allow more discussion, and then I will move it over to HTML
(perhaps calling for another AC update). We will also want external
review of this charter from the IETF (in particular JOSE WG),  all major
browser vendors, and other AC members. Then we will move to AC review
the first week of January.

So I need help with the following:

- Let's settle scoping this week
- Chair candidates by end of the month
- Who all should be part of the review?

2) Identity WG should go to a Community Group for the time being until
the scope, requirements, and APIs are more mature and have more
cross-vendor support. Again, we will not 'rubber-stamp' any existing
work :) In fact, we will do the opposite, making sure things have time
to mature. However, the W3C is committed to improving the security of
user-centric identity. We just will do the Web Cryptography work first
until industry consensus develops more around identity.

       cheers,
        harry