Subject: Re: [jose] #2: No key management for MAC

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 18:56:27 -0000

#2: No key management for MAC

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I believe this is the same issue as http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/jose/current/msg01220.html which is closed.
 If it is not, pleae clarify.

 Here is the copied text from the mail:

 ----

 [jose] CLOSED: Add other than pre-shared MAC key

 From: Karen O'Donoghue <odonoghue at isoc.org>
 To: jose at ietf.org
 Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 06:35:37 -0400
 In-reply-to: <4E1F6AAD24975D4BA5B168042967394366877989 at
 TK5EX14MBXC285.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
 References: <4E1F6AAD24975D4BA5B168042967394366877989 at
 TK5EX14MBXC285.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
 List-id: Javascript Object Signing and Encryption <jose.ietf.org>
 Folks,

 The results of this poll were:
 4 YES - We should add the ability to have a randomly generated MAC key
 protected by a different key
 13 NO - We should not add the ability to have a randomly generated MAC key
 protected by a different key
 4 DISCUSS - More discussion is needed

 Based upon these results, I am making a consensus call that we should not
 add the ability to
 have a randomly generated MAC key protected by a different key.  This
 issue is now closed.

 Thanks to all who participated in this poll.

 Karen O'Donoghue (writing as working group co-chair)

 -----Original Message-----
 From: jose-bounces at ietf.org [mailto:jose-bounces at ietf.org] On Behalf
 Of Jim Schaad
 Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 12:07 AM
 To: jose at ietf.org
 Subject: [jose] POLL: Add other than pre-shared MAC key

 <CHAIR>

 If you voted at the face-2-face please do not vote again.  If you want to
 provide comments please change the title from POLL to DISCUSS.

 Should we add the ability to have a randomly generated MAC key protected
 by a different key?  The other key could be either a pre-shared symmetric
 key or a public key.

 Room vote:  3 yes, 5 no, 3 discuss

 _______________________________________________
 jose mailing list
 jose at ietf.org
 https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jose

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  critical     |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  signature              |  Resolution:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/2#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>