Subject: Re: [jose] #7: Algorithm identifiers/parameters incompatible with WebCrypto

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:16:26 -0000

#7: Algorithm identifiers/parameters incompatible with WebCrypto

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 JOSE is providing small set of pre-determined parameters for use to
 achieve the "easy interoperability" while WebCrypto is trying to be
 generic. They are targeting different requirements.

 If needed, WebCrypto may adopt the JOSE algs names as shorthand, and this
 does not hurt their purpose while adopting the WebCrypto way in JOSE would
 not meet our requirements.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  algorithms             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/7#comment:3>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:30:27 -0500

>  generic. They are targeting different requirements.

I don't see this "small set of pre-determined parameters" anywhere in the
JOSE charter or use cases.

>  not meet our requirements.

Please be specific about which requirements would not be met.