Subject: Re: [jose] #3: Concat used outside of key agreement

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:48:34 -0000

#3: Concat used outside of key agreement

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Concatenating the AES key and HMAC key to produce the wrapped key instead
 of using KDF would be simpler for implementers, just like draft-mcgrew-
 aead-aes-cbc-hmac-sha2 does.

 Hopefully the WG decide soon either to stay with the current draft method
 or switch to a new method that we can stick with.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  encryption             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/3#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>