Subject: [jose] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-jose-use-cases-02.txt

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:24:30 -0500

FYI, I have updated the requirements document.  I'm ready to submit this as
draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-00 as soon as the window opens back up.
--Richard

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-jose-use-cases-02.txt
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-barnes-jose-use-cases-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Richard Barnes and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-barnes-jose-use-cases
Revision:        02
Title:           Use Cases and Requirements for JSON Object Signing and
Encryption (JOSE)
Creation date:   2013-02-25
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 19
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-jose-use-cases-02.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barnes-jose-use-cases
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-jose-use-cases-02
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-barnes-jose-use-cases-02

Abstract:
   Many Internet applications have a need for object-based security
   mechanisms in addition to security mechanisms at the network layer or
   transport layer.  In the past, the Cryptographic Message Syntax has
   provided a binary secure object format based on ASN.1.  Over time,
   the use of binary object encodings such as ASN.1 has been overtaken
   by text-based encodings, for example JavaScript Object Notation.
   This document defines a set of use cases and requirements for a
   secure object format encoded using JavaScript Object Notation, drawn
   from a variety of application security mechanisms currently in
   development.

The IETF Secretariat