Subject: Re: [jose] #3: Concat used outside of key agreement

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 19:40:28 -0000

#3: Concat used outside of key agreement

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 After a conversation initiated by Joe Hildebrand and a call scheduled by
 Matt Miller, David McGrew has agreed refactor draft-mcgrew-aead-aes-hmac-
 sha2 so that the inputs and outputs are specified separately and
 independently from the RFC 5116 encoding of those values, as documented in
 the minutes at http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/jose/current/msg01884.html.  While RFC 5116 specifies a binary
 serialization for authenticated encryption algorithms, JWE specifies a
 textual serialization.  This refactoring would make it easy for JOSE to
 use the McGrew draft, since the computation would be specified separately
 from the serialization, should the working group choose to do so.

 JWA could then reference the appropriate sections of draft-mcgrew-aead-
 aes-hmac-sha2 and JWE could include an example computation for this
 algorithm, making it easy for developers to build.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  encryption             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/3#comment:2>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>