Subject: [jose] #10: Remove implementation requirements

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:51:54 -0000

#10: Remove implementation requirements

 There has been long-standing agreement in the group that JWA algorithms
 should not have requirements levels.  Instead, applications using JWE/JWS
 should specify which algorithms should be used.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  algorithms             |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/10>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:45:55 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Based upon recent IESG feedback to the OAuth working group, the IESG does
 appear to continue to want specifications to include sufficient mandatory-
 to-implement (MTI) features to facilitate interoperability.  Also, as our
 area directors have pointed out, people should bear in mind that
 mandatory-to-implement is not the same thing as mandatory-to-use.

 Finally, our charter currently requires us to define mandatory-to-
 implement (MTI) algorithms.

  algorithms             |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/10#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>