Subject: [jose] I-D Action: draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:08:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Javascript Object Signing and Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Use Cases and Requirements for JSON Object Signing and Encryption (JOSE)
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-03-20

Abstract:
   Many Internet applications have a need for object-based security
   mechanisms in addition to security mechanisms at the network layer or
   transport layer.  In the past, the Cryptographic Message Syntax has
   provided a binary secure object format based on ASN.1.  Over time,
   the use of binary object encodings such as ASN.1 has been overtaken
   by text-based encodings, for example JavaScript Object Notation.
   This document defines a set of use cases and requirements for a
   secure object format encoded using JavaScript Object Notation, drawn
   from a variety of application security mechanisms currently in
   development.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-use-cases-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/