Subject: Re: [jose] #158: Section 7. Security Considerations

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 19:14:28 -0000

#158: Section 7. Security Considerations

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> A.  DSS does not appear to have a security considerations section.  It is
> not clear the entire list of documents has any good reason to be
> considered in this list.  This appears to just be a shotgun approach
> rather than a considered approach.
>
> B.  Algorithms will be deprecated in the registry rather than removed
> from this specification
>
> C.  Where do I find the security considerations for use of the algorithms
> in this document?  The general statement without pointers is going to
> mean it is ignored.
>
> * FIXED
>
> D.  Is the recommendation for matching the key size of the wrapped key
> and the wrapping key in the body of the text or is it just here?
>
> * FIXED

New description:

 A.  DSS does not appear to have a security considerations section.  It is
 not clear the entire list of documents has any good reason to be
 considered in this list.  This appears to just be a shotgun approach
 rather than a considered approach.

 * REVIEW as part of Last Call

 B.  Algorithms will be deprecated in the registry rather than removed from
 this specification

 * FIXED

 C.  Where do I find the security considerations for use of the algorithms
 in this document?  The general statement without pointers is going to mean
 it is ignored.

 * FIXED

 D.  Is the recommendation for matching the key size of the wrapped key and
 the wrapping key in the body of the text or is it just here?

 * FIXED

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  algorithms             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/158#comment:2>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>