Subject: [karp] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-00.txt

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 14:03:06 -0500

In case this did not arrive in your in-box...
Yours,
Joel

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-00.txt
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 06:48:35 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
  This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for 
IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : BGP operations and security
	Author(s)       : Jerome Durand
                           Ivan Pepelnjak
                           Gert Doering
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-01-18

Abstract:
    BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) is the protocol almost exclusively used
    in the Internet to exchange routing information between network
    domains.  Due to this central nature, it's important to understand
    the security measures that can and should be deployed to prevent
    accidental or intentional routing disturbances.

    This document describes measures to protect the BGP sessions itself
    (like TTL, MD5, control plane filtering) and to better control the
    flow of routing information, using prefix filtering and
    automatization of prefix filters, max-prefix filtering, AS path
    filtering, route flap dampening and BGP community scrubbing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt