Subject: [KEYPROV] Mobile and Wireless Networks Security 2009

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 09:56:20 +0200

I know that some of you work in the research environment and hence you
might find this conference interesting. Papers about key managmenent
related topics are welcome. 

-----------------------

   *****Apologies if you received multiple copies of the call for papers

   2^nd International Workshop on Mobile and Wireless Networks Security
   (MWNS'09)

   http://www.networking-2009.org/calls/mwns.html

*MWNS'09* is the *second event* in the series of international workshops
on "Mobile and Wireless Networks Security", following the highly
successful MWNS workshop in Singapore 2008. This year the workshop will
be organized on *May 15, 2008*, as a *full-day event* on the last day of
the IFIP conference Networking 2009 which will be held May 11-15, 2009,
in Aachen, Germany.

     Call for Papers

Network security being for many years addressed in wired networks, it
becomes more and more challenging in mobile and wireless networks since
those environments are widely open and accessible.

In this context, mobile and wireless terminals and communication are
more vulnerable than wired terminals and networks to different attacks
such as denial of service, man in the middle, hijacking, spoofing, etc.
In addition, they have less resources which is a real problem in
security solution design. This poses new challenges in a sense that we
need to design secure and robust solution and light enough to be
supported by those wireless and mobile terminals and communications.

Different wireless and mobile technologies are available today such as
RFID, Wifi, Wimax, 3G, etc promising the deployment of a variety of
services for mobile users. However, security needs to be robust enough
in order for the user to trust the services offered on top of those
technologies. Other technologies such as ad hoc or sensor networks are
also very interesting for new type of services, but they also need to
prove that security level is high enough to support user services.

Authors are invited to submit work on issues related to, but not limited
by, the following list of topics:

   * Security in wireless PAN, LAN, MAN, RAN
   * Security in IP Mobility networks
   * Security in Mobile P2P
   * Security policies and models
   * Privacy, anonymity, and tracking
   * AAA - Authentication, Authorisation, Accounting

   * Security in Mobile networks (2G, 3G, 4G, ...)
   * Security in ad hoc networks
   * Security in sensor/RFID networks
   * Identity management
   * Security of wireless and mobile terminals
     (smart cards, biometry, ...)

     Keynote Speaker

The first MWNS workshop in Singapore we welcomed *Charles Perkins* who
gave us a very interesting talk on mesh wireless networks, this year for
MWNS 2009 we are welcoming *Hannes Tschofenig* who is an active fellow
at the IETF. He is Senior Standardization Specialist at Nokia Siemens
Networks in Finland.

     Paper Submission

Full papers are solicited in English to be submitted to
[email-masked]*, no more than *12 single-spaced pages*, each of
which will be subject to a full peer review process. Submissions should
already follow the author guidelines as specified below and must
include: title, authors, affiliations, 100-word abstract, and a list of
at most five keywords. The corresponding author should be identified,
including name, position, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers,
and e-mail address. An electronic, PDF-based submission of papers is
mandatory.

The conference proceedings will be published as hard-copy and
electronically by *Shaker Verlag Series* <http://www.shaker.eu/> and
will be available during the event. In preparing their manuscript,
authors are obliged to follow the LNCS guidelines strictly and without
exception, including the 12 page limit. The Springer template file is
available in both Latex2e
<http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-7-72376-0#anchor5>
and Microsoft Word
<http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-7-72376-0#anchor9>
format. Post-conference journal publication of selected papers is under
preparation.

     General Information

The workshop will be organized on *May 15*, *2009*, as a full-day event
on the last day of the IFIP conference Networking 2009 which will be
held May 11-15, 2009, in Aachen, Germany. The registration for this
workshop is handled within the framework of Networking 2009, see the
registration site
<http://www.networking-2009.org/travel/registration.html> for further
details.

For further information please send an e-mail
<mailto:[email-masked]>.

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov