Subject: [KEYPROV] FW: New Version Notification for draft-mraihi-totp-timebased-07

From: "Pei, Mingliang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 12:53:27 -0800

FYI. The version updated reference implementation code with a fix on
Hmac256 / Hmac512 seed data. - Ming

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 12:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mraihi-totp-timebased-07 

A new version of I-D, draft-mraihi-totp-timebased-07.txt has been
successfully submitted by Mingliang Pei and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-mraihi-totp-timebased
Revision:	 07
Title:		 TOTP: Time-based One-time Password Algorithm
Creation_date:	 2011-01-04
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 16

Abstract:
This document describes an extension of one-time password (OTP)
algorithm, namely the HAMC-Based One-Time Password (HOTP) Algorithm as
defined in RFC 4226, to support time-based moving factor.  The HOTP
algorithm specifies an event based OTP algorithm where the moving factor
is an event counter.  The present work bases the moving factor on a time
value.  A time-based variant of the OTP algorithm provides short-lived
OTP values, which are desirable for enhanced security.

The proposed algorithm can be used across a wide range of network
applications ranging from remote Virtual Private Network (VPN) access,
Wi-Fi network logon to transaction-oriented Web applications.
The authors believe that a common and shared algorithm will facilitate
adoption of two-factor authentication on the Internet by enabling
interoperability across commercial and open-source implementations.

The IETF Secretariat.