Subject: RFC 4401 on A Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) API Extension for the Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:10:57 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4401

        Title:      A Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) API 
                    Extension for the Generic Security Service 
                    Application Program Interface (GSS-API) 
        Author:     N. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15272
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-prf-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4401.txt

This document defines a Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) extension to the
Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API)
for keying application protocols given an established GSS-API
security context.  The primary intended use of this function is to
key secure session layers that do not or cannot use GSS-API per-message
message integrity check (MIC) and wrap tokens for session
protection.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--846fa4eb442f91123edab2d61e0687c2

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4401

        Title:      A Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) API 
                    Extension for the Generic Security Service 
                    Application Program Interface (GSS-API) 
        Author:     N. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15272
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-prf-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4401.txt

This document defines a Pseudo-Random Function (PRF) extension to the
Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API)
for keying application protocols given an established GSS-API
security context.  The primary intended use of this function is to
key secure session layers that do not or cannot use GSS-API per-message
message integrity check (MIC) and wrap tokens for session
protection.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten