Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Desired Enhancements to GSSAPI Version 3 Naming
	Author(s)	: S. Hartman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-05.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-9-5
	
The Generic Security Services API (GSS-API) provides a naming
architecture that supports name-based authorization.  GSS-API
authenticates two named parties to each other.  Names can be stored
on access control lists to make authorization decisions.  Advances in
security mechanisms and the way implementers wish to use GSS-API
require this model to be extended for the next version of GSS-API.
As people move within an organization or change their names, the name
authenticated by GSS-API may change.  Using some sort of constant
identifier would make ACLs more stable.  Some mechanisms such as
public-key mechanisms do not have a single name to be used across all
environments.  Other mechanisms such as Kerberos may include group
membership or role information as part of authentication.  This
document motivates extensions to GSS-API naming and describes the
extensions under discussion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:14:52 -0400

This version of the draft addresses minor AD review comments from Russ
Housley.