Subject: draft-johansson-http-gss-04

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 04:02:34 +0100

I updated my gss-http draft. It now supports "Negotiate"-style authentication 
token format aswell as a format that support HTTP-layer state management

I am convinced there is not safe way to have a single HTTP mechanism
mapping to multiple underlying GSS mechanisms and after talking this over
with Larry in Dublin I propose an IANA registry mapping HTTP mechanism
name to GSS-API mechanism OID. Even if NegoEx is backwards compatible
with spnego there is no guarantee that this will be true for future GSS
mechs.

I believe this specification will support both RFC 4559 and NegoEx aswell 
as other GSS mechs that don't have the built-in provision for state management 
that NegoEX has.

Since there is not IETF wg actively working on HTTP auth mechs I'm 
sending this to kitten for comment. I am not suggesting kitten make this
a WG item though.

	Cheers Leif
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten